Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finished

Well, here it is, the 30th of November.  I've managed to post something, even if it was pretty horrible, every single day this month.  It was both very easy and very difficult at the same time.
It was easy because I'd set up a theme for me to talk to.  I mean, more than my usual "life, the universe, and everything" generic topic.  So, maybe I need to focus my "theme" for this blog.  But, I don't think I want to do that.  I like having a place where I can post whatever crosses my mind that I want to share with people.  Sure, this started out as somewhat of a "travel blog" keeping friends and family in the loop of where I was and what I was up to.  But, it has evolved beyond that.  It's a Mommyblog (I hate that term....).  It's a world view blog.  It's my place to rant and rave about things.  It's where I can talk about the things I do, the places I go and the adventures I have.  It's my life, all in one place.
It was also easier because I allowed myself to post whatever I wrote, even if I would normally have consigned it to the trash bin, never to be looked at ever again.  I will freely admit there are a few days I'd love to have deleted, but I promised myself that I would post whatever I wrote, no matter how bad it was.

It was also harder because I "pigeonholed" myself into one theme that I had to make work every single day.  It was hard just because I had to come up with something unique every day.  It was hard simply because I had to write something every day, good bad or indifferent.

So, what have I learned?  I've learned that I can do this.  I've proven that I can carve just a few minutes out of my day to write something, anything.  Does it have to be great every time?  No.  Should it be better than some of the drivel I posted this month.  Oh my yes!

So, on that note, I think I've rededicated myself to this space.  Sure, Facebook and Google+ are easy ways to post a thought or two in a moment, but I can do so much more here.  I need to start taking some of those links I post on those sites and actually exploring them more here and tying things together and well, thinking more.
Hopefully, I'll be able to do that a bit more.  Hopefully, I've actually rededicated myself to this space and actually make some good use of it.  This just isn't a space for me to tell you about what's going on with Boo or the family, but a place that I can explore other thoughts as well.

So, even though I didn't actually post specifically anything I'm thankful for today, I'm still thankful.  I'm thankful for this experience and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to take some things away from this and actually digest the experience and learn from it.

I bid you peace and may you excel at your challenges and get more from them than you bargained.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it!

*hugs*