Sunday, November 13, 2011

Little Things

I'm so tired today, I almost forgot to post.  Since I've made it almost two weeks without missing, that would have made me sad.

Anyhow, I have to think of something I'm thankful for today.  I think we'll take a slightly different tack today, let's look at what all I did today and see where I'm the most thankful.  This could be interesting, boring or just another ramble with no conclusions.  Let's see where this takes us.

This morning I got myself out of bed at 6.  I easily could have stayed snuggled in my bed until 7 or so, but nature was calling and I'd made myself a promise.  I promised myself I'd do another workout with EA Active More Workouts on the Wii and if I wanted to get it done, it was then or never.  I was about 3/4 of the way through the workout when a boy-o woke up and came out to watch.  And about 5 minutes later, my beloved husband did too.  I'm really not a huge fan of doing these workouts with an audience.  I'm not sure why, but that's just the way it is.  So, I'm thankful that I stuck to my promise to myself and that I was able to get a little bit of activity in.  I like EA Active, but just as soon as I feel like it's getting to a good activity level, it's time for cool down.  *sigh*.

Then was breakfast.  I tried an experiment with the pancakes.  It went well enough, but I probably won't repeat it.  Boo actually ate his breakfast, so that's a good thing.  So, in this case, I think I'm thankful for cooking adventures that don't go too horribly and boys who actually eat.

After breakfast I got cleaned up and then it was time for Boo and I to tackle his room.  That was quite the adventure.  Once I got Boo on track and staying on track, we actually managed to get his room cleaner than I've seen it in ages.  It didn't hurt that I evicted Lee and the Dragon to the living room.  I was even able to vacuum!  So, in this case, I'm thankful the boy-o doesn't own more stuff and that we were able to get everything put away.  I even managed to get a few of the toys he never plays with out of his room and hidden in the give away pile.  Yes, I should have gotten him to volunteer them, but he's attached to them, even if he doesn't notice them until someone else points them out.

Then it was time to head down to Amma and PopPop's.  Dad's birthday is Tuesday, so we were having birthday lunch today.  Mom bought corned beef and turkey from Michael's Deli and made dancing girls... er... apple pie.  (There's a story behind that, but you kinda had to be there to totally understand it.)  Jon and Becca got Dad a couple of books of Sci-Fi short stories (that I just might end up stealing at some point) and Boo and I gave him cards.  I'm not only thankful that my dad is still here for another turning of the world, but also for my mom's apple pie.  She makes a pretty good pie.

The boy-o got some play time with Amma and PopPop while Gak and ran a few errands.  His phone has been acting up, but since it is under warranty yet, they sent us to a warranty center in King of Prussia.  That visit didn't take too long and they're sending him a new battery.  Then we went over to ToysRUs to do some pre-shopping browsing to see what all we might like to get a boy-child for the various holidays that are coming up.  I think we came up with a pretty good list that he'll love and will be well within our budget.  Have I ever told you how much I love that his birthday and the holidays are almost exactly 6 months apart?  Anyhow, I'm thankful that we could leave Boo with Amma and PopPop for a little bit to get this done.  Like last year, I'll probably do the shopping one day for my lunch hour, since there is one not too far from the office.  I'll take an early lunch and it should be a little less crowded.

After we got back to Amma and PopPop's we hung out for a little bit more, but Boo was getting silly tired, so we figured it would be best to head home.  Boo fell asleep before we hit the Northeast Extension.  For that, I'm thankful.  He really did need that nap.  Without it, he would have been even more of a cranky boy tonight.  We did a quick stop at the grocery store and picked up a few things for dinner.  We ended up having breakfast again for dinner; sausage gravy, toast, potatoes and Gak had eggs as well.  Boo wanted ramen soup, so that's what he had.  I'm thankful that I was able to get one breakfast right today.

I finally was able to find what I was looking for tonight.  Or at least, most of it.  I found my Brownie sash while at Mom and Dad's, but that wasn't really what I was looking for.  I need my pins and wanted my Cadet/Senior sash as well.  I managed to find my pins on my second staff tie in a jewelry box in my room, but not until after I got the bike down into the storage room and went through a lot of stuff there and cleaned up the closet in the bedroom as well, including getting together an entire basket of stuff for Goodwill.  I still can't find the box that has my sash in it, but at least I have my pins again.  I'm very thankful that I kept those.

So, it looks like I'm thankful for a lot of little things today.  This post has taken me almost an hour to write because my mind kept wandering.  At any rate, it's beyond time for me to wrap this up and go fall into a book or something for a little bit.

Peace to all and may you have a handful of little things in your life to be thankful for.

No comments: