Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Change

Tonight I am thankful for change.  I had a better picture that shows what I'm talking about, but this will have to do.  This picture is from Halloween.  I'm pretty proud of this picture.  I hadn't worn that garb in over 4 years, probably more like 6.  I may or may not be able to wear it next fall.

Anyhow, you may be wondering what this picture has to do with change.  Well, today Gak and I went to the DMV to get my license renewed.  More specifically, get my new photo license.  When I looked at my old photo and compared it to the new one, I really was quite shocked.    I mean, I know I've lost over 70 lb, but sometimes I just don't know I've lose 70 lb.  The difference in the two photos really brought it home.

So, I'm thankful for this change.  I'm thankful for all the changes that have come with it.  I'm thankful for all the energy I have, all the things I can do without thinking about it now and all the adventures I can go on and look forward to going on now.  It really is quite amazing.  There is a lot more buzzing around in my head, but it's 9:30 and I'm exhausted and just rambling.

Anyhow, here's a picture from about 4 months before my last license picture taken.  And this wasn't even at my heaviest, but probably about 15 lb or so lighter.  (I had a picture of the two licenses together, but the new one isn't very clear and doesn't do it justice.

So, I bid you peace and may you find good changes in your life.

No comments: