Friday, November 25, 2011

Leftovers

Today I'm thankful for leftovers.  And I'm not just talking about that yummy stuffing sitting in my fridge or the apple pie I've been trying very hard not to scarf down all in one sitting.  (I can't quite say the same for Gak's willpower with the pecan pie...)

While yummy Thanksgiving leftovers means that I don't have to worry about lunches for the next few days, they're only part of the story.  Leftovers from meals in general make awesome lunches with less thinking in the morning, and for that I'm thankful.  I'm also thankful for the fact that leftovers are cheaper than eating out (not to mention much healthier 95% of the time).

But leftovers don't just apply to food.  I'm thankful for leftover bits and ends of skeins of yarn from crochet projects.  I can't begin to tell you how many other projects or test patterns I've been able to do because I had a partial skein left over from another project.  And then there are the left over pieces of fabric from other projects that turn into projects all on their own.  I recently made an entire bag out of left over pieces from other projects.  I always love going through my stash of fabrics and yarns to see what I can come up with next.  Not to mention all the money I can save by using the odds and ends and creating something totally unique and personalized without having to spend a dime on something new.  (Trust me, I love a good bargain.)

So, yes, today I'm thankful for leftovers, both of the food and of all other sorts.  I'm sorry this is less than a stellar post, but I can't seem to keep focused as there are too many things vying for my attention at the moment.

So, I bid you peace and may you find something "left over" in your house that you can put to a good, new, use.

No comments: