Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thought

This is definitely getting challenging.  I'm actually staring at my screen going, boy, that's a big blank block of nothing there, isn't it.  Well, now I've put something in there.
It's not that I don't have anything to be thankful for, but I don't know.  Somehow I just can't seem to get into the right frame of mind to come up with something that means anything.  And no, I don't mean that in a grand way, but as in, "I can't even seem to string words into a sentence let alone a paragraph that has meaning" kind of way.

So, as I have the last few days, let's take a look at the day and see if I can't find something, some theme, that unifies the day and sums up what I can be thankful about.

Today I convinced myself to sleep in until 6:00 or so.  My body still hasn't gotten into the time change.  I keep waking up at 4.  My mind knows that it is only 4, but my body seems to think it is 5 already.  And trust me, I do not want to be getting up at 4.  Five is early enough, thank you.

I get up, turn on the Wii and fire up EA Active, figuring since I was up I could do something productive with my time.  Well, two minutes in Gak wakes up and decides the call of nature was more than he could fight to get back to sleep and then about two more minutes in, Boo apparently hears people and decides that it is time to get up.  Now, this kind of makes me cranky.  This is my time.  But, there isn't really anywhere else I can send them and I am in the living room after all.  I also don't enjoy working out in front of an audience even if it's only my family.  Maybe especially if it's my family.  I don't know.  I don't understand, but I try and live with it and ignore the fact that my hubby is staring at me.  He's not staring in a mean way in the slightest, but still... even admiration or love or whatever gets a bit creepy when you're the only one moving and grooving.

Anyhow, about 2/3 of the way through, Boo decides he's hungry and Gak manages to get him to decide on what he wants for breakfast.  Of course, halfway through breakfast Boo decides he's done because I'm still in the other room... and there was....

Oh hell... I can't even keep that train of thought long enough.

Oh well.

I think today I'm thankful that it was a good Sunday with some ups and downs, some chores done and some fun time with both my son and my husband.  I got some good fun with both of them and with each of them separately.

So, on this poorly written note, I'm going to call it a post and try again tomorrow.

Peace to all and may you be able to keep your train of thought.

No comments: