Friday, November 18, 2011

Boo Time

You know what, I had a blog post all planned out in my head.  But, for the life of me I can't seem to remember what it was.

Today has been another hard day to find something "real" to be thankful for.  I guess since yesterday afternoon or evening, I've been in a bit out of sorts.  I woke up in a very negative mood this morning, my first thoughts being along the lines of "I doubt my workout will be any good anyhow... why am I getting out of bed?"  (My right calf muscle decided to cramp up on me at the end of my water aerobics Thursday and it's still not happy for some reason...)  And, sure enough, I was disappointed with it, and slightly frustrated.  (I've been doing the EA Active "More Workouts" six week challenge at the "Moderate" level and while good enough, just aren't stellar and the Wii just doesn't seem to register some things for me...) My whole attitude didn't get any better as I worked my way through the rest of my morning routine and got myself out the door (late).  In all honesty, I'm not sure when my outlook began to get better, but at this point in the day, it's just kinda "ho-hum" nothing special, nothing disastrous.  So that's a minor victory.

At least today was the last work day before I get a week "off".  I may not have to go into the office, but I have so much to get done (and most of it is not related to Thanksgiving...) in the week, that I'll be quite busy, probably busier than if I was at work.  At least it'll be fun work (mostly).  And yes, I'm thankful for the time off and even more thankful that there is at least one, if not a couple of customers I won't even have to think about, let alone deal with.  (He's a nice enough guy, but I'm feeling pretty used and abused by him and he's sorely pushing the boundaries of his contract... and he keeps asking me to explain the same thing over, and over, and over each time telling me what I was going to tell him and doing it... but still wanting someone on the phone.  It's enough to drive even the most patient parent crazy....)

Tonight Gak is over at Chris's house with the guys playing Warhammer.  He's trying out his new Necron army. I hope it goes well.  This means the boy-o and I had an evening together.

I bribed the boy into going to Target with me (and I completely forgot to look at the big thing I wanted to look at) by promising him Chick-fil-a for dinner.  Yes, bribes do exist in the world, show me one parent that hasn't at least thought about it and I'll show you a very uninvolved parent.
Anyhow, we got done at Target early enough that the boy-o and I could actually sit together and eat at Chick-fil-a before having to pick Gak up.  And he was so well behaved this evening.  And he ate all his dinner with only a little pestering by me.  And we actually had a bit of a conversation.  Now, you might not believe it, but actually having a conversation is sometimes difficult for me.  I mean, as you can see I'm a great story teller, but sometimes, the whole give-and-take flow of a conversation just doesn't make it through my thick skull and I just don't know when to shut up and let the other person talk or how to break into a conversation in the first place.  And well, Boo, being three, has some of the same issues.  So, actually having a bit of real conversation, as opposed to a question and answer session is pretty good.
It was a very nice dinner.  I really do love doing special things like that with just Boo (or just Gak, but that's different...).  I love getting Momma and Boo time just the two of us.  Time when there is only a little pressure to be somewhere or do something and no one else around.  It's even a little different when it's just two of us as opposed to all three.

So, tonight I think I'll be thankful for Boo time.  I know it's not what I originally intended on writing before I left work, but I honestly can't remember what it was.  I guess it wasn't that important, and if it is, I'll probably think of it again sometime in the next two weeks.

On that note, I'm going to bid you peace and may you find some time to spend alone with someone special.

No comments: