Saturday, November 05, 2011

Fuzzy Socks

Today I'm thankful for something kind of silly.  I'm thankful for those awesome fuzzy socks that started appearing a few years ago.  They are so warm, toasty and soft.  But not too warm that they make your feet sweat too much and want to fall off.
Nope, they're just warm enough, especially on chilly, snowy days.

Thanks to my sister Becca, I have several fun pair to choose from.  Last weekend when I was home, I lived in a pair of light blue ones, even wearing them to bed.  I'm sure Gak appreciated that, since I have this nasty habit of using him to warm my toes on cool or cold nights.
Now that the weather is getting cooler (OK, so we had snow already, but it was in the 50s the rest of the week!) I have to go through the basket that sits on the table inside the door.  Last year, I kept about 3 or 4 pair in there so that as soon as I came home, I could shuck the cold and wet shoes and socks and snuggle my toes into something warm and soft.  Right now, the basket is filled with odds and ends from around the living room, some junk mail, a container of laundry soap and a couple of crochet patterns and a pair of mittens.  Yep, time to clean out the "inside the door dump zone" basket.

I like to have warm toes, but in the cooler months, that's very tough.  My fingers and toes get cold very easily.  My fingers especially when I spend any amount of time typing or on the computer.  (This is why I made myself a pair of fingerless gloves a few years back for work.  I love, love, love them, even if they don't keep my finger tips from getting cold, they keep the rest of my hand warm.

So, today I am thankful for little things that keep me warm.  Because when I'm warm and comfortable, my mood is happier.  And just ask my family, if I'm cranky, everyone's going to be cranky. *sigh*

Anyhow, just a silly little update today.

Peace, and warm toes, to all.

No comments: