Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sunshine

Today I was having a hard time with coming up to be thankful for.  You see, I think the business of the last 10 weeks or so at work are catching up to me and I'm just feeling pretty exhausted in general.
So, even though today has been a good day, it was hard to find something to be thankful for.
But, then I looked out the window and saw that the sun was shining.  It has been shining most of the week, actually.  It got fairly cold for a few days, but today it got up around 60 and in general was a most beautiful fall day.  So, I'm thankful for that little ray of sunshine.
(Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking enough to snap a picture of the golden sunshine, so you'll just have to take my word for it.)

Today was a pretty typical Saturday.  Drop Gak off at work.  The boy and I do laundry.  Today we then had to run to the bank, which isn't usual.  And then finally to the bowling alley and lunch with at least Kat and Zoe if not the rest of the clan.  Since this is a "dad" weekend for Billy and Rachel, it was just the four of us today.  It was nice as always.  Kat and I got a little Girl Scout work done and I managed to contact two parents with girls on my list, one of whom has "been chomping at the bit" and another who probably won't because she's become involved in dance.  That's fine.  And maybe, just maybe Ed will convince his wife to let Katie come, as even though she's plenty busy with other things, Ed said Katie said she was interested.  I think it would be quite a lot of fun to have her in my troop.

After lunch Boo took an awesomely long nap for me and I managed to get some work done on a few projects that have been nagging at me.  Then it was time to pick up Gak from work, do a quick little grocery run and come home.

Then, finally, we had a chance to enjoy the sunshine.  Boo declared that he wanted to ride his tricycle and that he wanted me to go with him.  We played around out front for a bit and then walked/rode to the corner and back.  It was a nice little time outside as the sun was setting.

So, yes, today is a good day and I'm thankful that it was a sun-shiny day and that I did get to enjoy it.  I think I have to take the bicycle into the basement, as I'm thinking I just won't get the opportunity coupled with nice weather and daylight again for several months.  I'm pretty bummed about that, but that's OK, it'll be safe and secure in the basement and waiting for spring.

I'm going to keep this post short.  I'm just rambling a bit and not really making an effort to connect my thoughts.  Tomorrow we're going down to visit PopPop and Amma because PopPop's birthday is on Wednesday.

So, peace to all and may you have plenty of sunshine and good weekends.

No comments: