Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween

Just a quick post before I head out the door this morning.
This weekend was a fun weekend.  Friday night we went over to Aunt Kat's house and hung out and watched Iron Man II.  Well, the adults watched the movie, Zoe and Boo kept coming and going, playing in the other room or coming in to get something.  It was a pretty good movie, but we got Boo to bed waaaay too late.  And he didn't really sleep in much Saturday morning.  This meant we had a slightly cranky boy Saturday, but nothing too bad.
Saturday was a pretty normal Saturday for the most part.  We did laundry.  We met up with Kat and Zoe after bowling for lunch.  We ran some errands.  Boo napped (and so did I).  The evening was spent hanging out and me running to the grocery store by myself.  Pretty low key and  nice.  I did, however, find Boo a Flyer's orange hockey stick at Five Below while running errands.  He really likes it.  I need to get a picture of him with it.  Now all he needs is a jersey, but I haven't been able to find any Flyer's gear his size.  Oh well, maybe one of the uncles will be more successful.
Sunday we were in for a real treat.  We got up at our normal time, had a little breakfast and then headed down to see Amma and PopPop.  Little did Boo realize that we were going to pick them up, head out to Gap to have brunch at the Gap Diner (it's not as good as it used to be...) and then head somewhere really special!  You see, just about every time you ask my son what he wants to do these days, his answer is "ride trains".  I have no idea where that came from.  We've only watched Thomas a few times, I don't think he could identify any of the trains by name.  We don't have trains nearby that he hears or sees all the time.  He likes the train tables at the book stores, toy stores and the library.  I'm not sure where it came from, but he's into trains.  I can go with that.  There's something about trains, especially steam trains that just grabs the imagination.  So, after brunch we headed over to Strausburg Railroad, which is right down the street from Gap, and only about an hour and a half or two hours total from home.
Boo had quite a good time and enjoyed his train ride.  Maybe next time we go we'll actually take some time to go through the museum.  I've been through there, but it's been a while.  We didn't take the time today because we wanted to make sure we got home well before trick-or-treating time.
We went out with Steph and Andy and Rachel, Billy and Zoe.  We had a lot of fun.  Boo walked a LOT and did very well, remembering both "trick-or-treat!" and "thank you", usually getting them in the right order.  I'm not sure everyone heard him, but he was saying them.  I was a little disappointed, in the fact that there seemed to be only one house on average per block that we walked.  That's OK though, we got in a nice long walk and we don't need that many treats around the house. He also got two boxes of animal crackers from Grace next door and a whole bag of goodies from Michelle across the hall.

Anyhow, I'm now running late for work.  Peace to all and enjoy the picture of my little apprentice wizard (This was taken Thursday at school, after they did their Halloween party).
May your weekends be good, and your Halloweens fun.

No comments: