Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Challenges

I'm thankful for this little challenge I've put myself through.  This has been a great little exercise in positive thinking.  There were some days that it was hard to find something unique to be thankful for in the day.  There are some things that I'm thankful for that I never could quite get to.
I've been feeling a bit gray around the edges and having a hard time seeing all the good things for all the troubles we've gone through this year.  While I won't say this has totally changed my outlook, I will say that it has made me think about all the good things I've got going in my life, despite the tough bits.  I'm thankful for that, focusing only on the negative just brings more negative.  If you focus on the positive, you'll find more positive (even if it was there all along and you just didn't notice).

I'm also glad that I completed this little challenge that I set myself, that I can actually come up with something half meaningful on a daily basis.  I've been neglecting this space a lot this year.  Like I said, it's been a tough year and more often than not, all I could see was the problems and I just didn't feel like writing about it, spewing it all out there for everyone to see.  (Not that "everyone" reads this little corner of the 'Net... let alone knows it exists...)  I really like it when I can post 2 or 3 times a week.  Now I know that at least for a little over a fortnight I can post every day.  Sure, it was tough to motivate myself some days.  Some days it was because I was just so tired in the evenings and hadn't gotten there in the day.  Some days it was because I really didn't know what I wanted to write.  I think what made it easier is that I had a general topic to talk to, not just the super vague "what's going on".  Maybe I'll try and issue myself more challenges like this, I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I hope you've enjoyed this little exercise.  I know I have, at least most of the time.

Peace to all and may your challenges be met.

No comments: