Monday, November 29, 2010

Books

Book have always been a big part of my life, as long as I can remember and for that I'm thankful.  I love books. They can take me anywhere, teach me just about anything (if I have the patience...) and show me the world from the comfort of my own home.
Not only am I thankful for the escapes that books let me have, often being a savior in my school years, but I'm thankful that I can read.  I'm thankful that I had parents who read to me as a child and taught me to enjoy the sounds of words and the magic and the power of the written word.  I'm thankful that my son loves to be read to and one of the first words he had was "again", in reference to the book you'd just finished and that he was brandishing at your face.
I love the written word and if you put anything with writing on it in front of me, I'm libel to read it.  It is rare that I don't finish a book, it's got to be really boring or very poorly written for me to abandon it.  I'm about 100 times more likely to pick up a book than I am to turn on the TV.  Actually, TV pretty much comes last in my list of distractions.  (Although, I'm ashamed to admit how high up in the list mindless puzzle games on the computer has gone...)

Anyhow, on that note, I'm off to read a few pages of my current escape and collapse into sleep.

Peace to all and may you find something good to read.

No comments: