Friday, November 19, 2010

Creativity

I touched on this a little bit yesterday, but I am truly thankful for my creativity and my ability to create.  Sure, it's been known to get me in a spot of trouble at work when I'm more interested in the side project I brought in to work on at lunch than what I'm supposed to be working on, but more often than not, it's a good thing.
I'm so thankful that I can create beautiful and useful things from yarn or fabric or any number of things.  I'm thankful that I can give friends and family a piece of my heart when I give them a gift made by my hands.
I'm also very, very thankful that my Gram took the time all those years ago to teach a 7-year-old, impatient me the beginnings of crochet.  I'm thankful that my mom helped me learn how to use a sewing machine and still enjoys doing projects with me.  I'm thankful to both my parents for putting a camera in my hands and teaching me to "see" the world and encouraging me to push my boundries.
I enjoy the relaxation I get from engaging my creative side.  I love the fact that I have skills that I can use to make something both beautiful and practical.  I'm very glad that I can manage to find time, make time, to be creative just about every day.  And yes, cooking has become a creative outlet for me as well, but I still prefer my other creative endeavors with yarn or fabric better, but in some ways nothing will top my love of the camera.

Peace to all and may you find some way to be creative.

No comments: