Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cooking

I had a hard time figuring out what I'm thankful about today.  Sitting here after enjoying a nice, if every day kind or supper, I decided that I'm thankful that I enjoy cooking.  Not only because it's something that has to be done to keep me and my family fed, but because it is yet another way I can be creative.
I admit that I have my old standards that I go to week in and week out and often get into food ruts, but I do enjoy experimenting too.  And usually, it doesn't turn out too bad, at least according to Gak.  Now, if only I could get my boy to try more of my food.  But that's a whole different story.
I don't really have much more to say about that, other than maybe that I'm also thankful that I can afford good food to cook with and that it's available in abundant supply without too much effort.  So, today I am thankful for food and my enjoyment of preparing it.  (And I guess that's a good thing since I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner again this year.  I'm still toying with the menu a bit... I really liked most of the recipes I used last year, but I keep thinking I want to switch it up a bit and experiment some... we'll see what Thursday brings.)

So, peace to you all and may you have good food and good times.

No comments: