Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holidays

Today is Thanksgiving.  And there is so very much to be thankful for.  Today, I'm thankful for holidays.  Yep, all of them, even the ones that I normally groan about or roll my eyes.  Mostly I do that because I think the way we're encouraged to "celebrate" (read spend lots of money).
The reason I'm thankful for holidays is that they're great reasons, excuses even, to get together with friends and family.  Most of us don't take enough time in our busy, hectic lives to spend time with those that mean the most to us, or tell them that we love them enough.  So, maybe a date on the calendar put there by someone else isn't such a bad thing.
I was very happy to spend my day cooking and preparing and just enjoying the fact that I was going to be able to spend the evening with my parents, husband and child.
Of course, it wasn't all sunshine.  Actually, a good bit of the day the boy was being a whiner.  But, it's OK.  He's a good boy.
Today was the annual Quakertown/Penridge football game, here in town this year.  Kat, Zoe, Boo and I joined Rachel for the game.  It was quite fun.  Boo and I only stayed until near the end of the first half.  This is because it was snowing.  Yep, that's right, snowing.  And I don't just mean a few flurries, but we had about .25" on the railing of the balcony by the time it stopped and then switched to rain and other ick.
I'd post more, and even post up a picture or two, but I'm in a bit of a food coma.  I ate too much.  I know I should care, but it was sooo yummy and I haven't overeaten like this in a very long time.  We had turkey, apple cornbread stuffing, homemade orange cranberry sauce, homemade bread, applesauce, honey ginger sweet potatoes and corn.  I think that's about all.  Then there were the three deserts, the apple pie, the pumpkin cheesecake and the lemon pie.  I only tasted the deserts but ugh, did I over eat.

Peace to all and may your holiday be filled with loved ones and your bellies full of good food.

No comments: