Saturday, June 28, 2008

Weekend Odds and Ends

Here's a picture from Thursday when Gak was feeding Boo for the first time. Yes, it looks like Boo isn't having much to do with it, but that was just this instant... He really did a very good job with it.

Yesterday was a good day over all. Although, I'm sure both Nana and Boo would have liked it better if the evening was different. Nana had been having a bit of a rough day in spots. Boo had a mostly good day, just a few fusses now and again when I didn't understand what he was after, or when he got too tired to know what he was after. The most trying part for them was for about 3 hours that evening.

Gak and I went to the movies.
Without Boo.
With our friends.
We enjoyed it... but it was still a little strange not to have him there with us.


Overall Boo did fairly well with both of us gone and just Nana. He took a bottle from her and actually ate about 3 oz, which is about what he should be getting each feed, give or take a bit. (That's one thing I wish was easier to figure out when breast feeding... exactly how much he's getting a feed so I don't skimp on the bottle or end up wasting a lot by filling it too full... oh well.)


Gak and I went and saw Wall-E with Kat, Zoe, Scott, Chris and Dianne. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it! As usual, the short before the movie was worth the price of admission all by itself! I think this was the funniest one yet. Although "Bird on a Wire" had me laughing out loud the first time I saw it....


The first half of the movie really feels like you're watching an old silent movie in many ways. But the lack of "dialogue" doesn't hurt things at all. There is so much said without a word. You really do feel for poor Wall-E. He tries, he really does. (Although, there were a couple of points where I could really relate to poor Eve... I've used that same tone with Gak a few times... I think most wives/girlfriends have at one point or another...) I'm not going to give any of the plot away, but it was really good and said so many things on so many levels... but then again... it's a Disney/Pixar movie and there's always a couple of levels to them.


Today was a semi-long but interesting day none the less. I did get the laundry done and some other things accomplished. I don't really have a lot to say about today. We ran some errands and had an early dinner at Red Robbin. Like I said, it was a good day overall. Tomorrow I'm not sure what all we're doing other than going over to the QMart to order the hot dogs and hamburgers for next Sunday.

Oh, more info about next week. (I don't think I mentioned some of this yet...) Like I said before, we're having a party on the 6th. It'll be from 2pm until whenever at Kat's house. If you want to bring something, let me know so we don't end up with 6 people bringing potato salad and no hot dog buns or something like that. (Oh, we already have someone bringing potato salad....)

Anyway... I think that's about all of what I have to say today.

Peace to all and may you have good days.

No comments: