Saturday, June 07, 2008

Nursing Reflections

Not really much new to report today. Overall it has been a good day. The air conditioners got put in last night, and boy what a relief that has been. It's brutal out, but it's nice and comfy in here. It was amazing once they started working and the humidity dropped. Yesterday Boo spent a lot of time in just his diaper it was so sticky. Today, it was comfortable enough inside that he let me swaddle him. (He sleeps quite well swaddled, even when I don't get it tight enough and he works his arm(s) and/or leg(s) free.)
Gak worked today again, and after a grutsy morning, Boo and I napped a good part of the late morning/afternoon. I'm guessing I'm still a bit anemic after the surgery, I get tired very quickly, despite how well I'm feeling. I know, it was major surgery that I had a week ago. Actually, looking at the clock, it was almost exactly 1 week ago as I type this that my water broke... wow. It seems like forever ago and just yesterday all at the same time.

Disclaimer: the below may be too much information for some... but it's what is on my mind...
I've discovered that, at least for now, I can't go around the house even without a bra. Not unless I want to wear a very sour smelling and soaked shirt after an hour or so. Let me tell you, I thought I hated underwire bras before, but man, this nursing bra is even worse. I think it hurts more than my incision at this point. Right now, I'm cheating and wearing one of my old bras. The band is just loose enough that I can pull it up to "let the cows out of the barn" as Gak so elegantly puts it. (The first time he said it, he was admonishing Boo to leave the covered boob alone because "that cow's still in the barn son...". I nearly died laughing.)
On Wednesday night I had a coupon for cheep shipping from a site I'd been looking at for bras. Here's what I ended up ordering: http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=19954&cgnbr=30R1000000. I hope they turn out as nice as the reviews say. I really can't wait for them to get here.
Well, if I want to get anything done before Boo wakes up for his next feeding, I'd best be off.

Peace to all and may things work.

No comments: