Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Gak!

I've admitted before, I'm not always good about holidays and remembering to do things for them. This one is extra special though, because it's Gak's first Father's Day. I didn't want to mess this one up. I didn't buy a card before Boo was born though. And I couldn't figure out something appropriate to get him that was Father's Day-ish but also something he'd want. Therefore, I wrote this post to tell him, and the world, exactly why I think he's a great dad:
Dear Gak,
I love you so much, I don't have words for it. The only thing I have to give you this Father's Day is our wonderful son. You are so wonderful with him already, you've taken to this whole dad thing quite well.
I truly do appreciate when you get up in the middle of the night when Boo begins to fuss and change and soothe him for a bit to see if he'll go back to sleep or if he really does need to be fed. I love to watch you hold and talk with him. It's really cute to watch you holding Boo while you play on the computer or watch TV together.
When we came home and you took him for a tour of the apartment I was really touched. One of my mom's favorite stories is when they brought me home from the hospital and Dad did the same thing, explaining what each room of the house was for. I don't think I ever told you that story, yet you did the exact same thing.
You are such a wonderful and supportive husband, making sure I have what I need and taking care of me when I don't realize I need help. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life and this adventure called parenthood.
You will do great as a dad and you and Boo will have many wonderful adventures together.
I love you so much my bear. Thank you for being the best dad and partner that you are.
*hugs and love*
me

No comments: