Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Better Days

Well, today was a much better day than yesterday. This picture is one that Gramma Sue took yesterday. You can see that Boo is just not his normal happy self in this picture. There's something not right in his little world and he doesn't quite know what to do.
In all honesty, neither did I.
Today was good though. Today was the first time I took him anywhere by myself. I had to run to Target for a few things, including a really good sale on diapers. (I think we have enough to last us 3-4 weeks now... which is a nice feeling.)
The trip went well enough, except for the fact that we went right after I dropped Gak off at work, so unfortunately, this was approximately Boo's lunch time. Oh well. Live and learn. Next time, I'll just have to make a special trip, because if we go just before picking Gak up from work, we'll be imposing on "first supper" as I'm sure the Hobbits would call it. Yes, at 16 days old, there are a few times of day when I know he'll be hungry. It's been pretty consistent the last several days that Boo will want to eat at around 1pm and 7:30 or 8pm, with another snack somewhere in the middle. Morning feedings have been around 7 or 8 when he wakes up, and around 10 or 11.
I know it seems like I've just been giving recaps of the day and it's the all Boo show, but that's what this is going to be for a while. Part of it is because Boo really is the center of my universe right now, as he should be. Part of it is so that in 6 months, a year, 6 years from now, I can look back at all of the changes and challenges we've gone through and remember. Right now, these entries are almost more about me than about sharing information with the world. (I'm still not sure how many people actually look at this thing... I feel like I talk to myself most of the time here, which is fine by me. I do like comments though...)
I don't have a picture from today to share though. I was home alone most of the day and as usual, whenever Boo was being even cuter than usual, the camera was no where to be found. Actually, it's sitting right here on my desk, but that doesn't do me any good when we're in the nursery or something like that. I really do want and need to get more pictures of the boy. Boo changes almost hourly it seems some days. It truly is amazing. He actually "tracked" my touch earlier this evening. I think this was one of the first times that his eyes turned towards where I stroked his cheek. I can just hear those synapses growing and making new connections. It is so amazing to watch.
Ok. That last paragraph was such a total random ramble. I guess this means I should probably wrap it up and try and get some rest myself before the midnight/1am feeding.
Oh, if anyone is wondering, I did finally figure out something to actually give to Gak for Father's day. I gave him an IOU for $75 towards a Seamus related tattoo. He had talked about something like that way before we even started trying to get pregnant. I think it's great that he wants to make Boo a permanent part of him and carry him around everywhere. (He already does that with his Zune... I think he carries it more for the fact that it can show baby pictures than to use it as a music player...)
Well, I'm off now.
Peace to all and may your good days outnumber the bad.

No comments: