Tuesday, July 01, 2008

One Month Old!

Boo is one month old today! Amazing how time flies. I took this picture at lunch today. Bob and Linda came over and brought us lunch. It was really good to see them. Unfortunately, they won't be able to come to the party Sunday. I wish they'd be there. I like them and they're good people.
It's amazing. It's only been a month, yet it seems like it's always been this way. I'm having a very hard time remembering what it was like to not be a momma of such a wonderful little boy. I really wouldn't trade this for anything.
I know I had a lot to say, but I was interrupted by an awake baby who wanted some food and snuggle time.
I think I was going to finish recapping the weekend that I started to on Saturday.
Ok. I'll start there then.
I think I described Saturday as an odd day and just left it at that. I think that's where I'll leave it. It wasn't a bad day, but it wasn't one of the best either.
Sunday was a good day over all. We did this and that and I tried to get a little more organized for Sunday. (I'm still not as organized as I'd like, but Kat and I are pretty good at winging these things anyhow...) We did go over to the QMart again and I ordered hot dogs, hamburgers and sausage for next week. I just have to remember to pick it up on our way over. (Not like it's out of the way or anything... I just have to remember to go that way instead of the "usual" way I take to get over to Kat's.) I found out that both Michelle and Abi will be in town. I'm so excited. I haven't seen either of them since the baby shower. I'm glad they're willing to come all this way to see us. (I've also come to the conclusion that I doubt Gak or I will get to hold Boo much on Sunday... I guess that's one advantage of breast feeding... I'll have to take him from time to time. Especially if I only pack one or two bottles...)
Yesterday Nana, Boo and I went down to Gramma Sue's. It was a good day. Actually, the day started out really, really well. Boo had gone to sleep around 9 on Sunday and didn't wake again until about 4 on Monday morning. Hopefully we'll see a few more nights like that now and again and with more regularity soon.
We went out for lunch and visited Trader Joe's. I so wish there was one closer to where I live than the one near Mom's. They've got very good, and good quality stuff for much better prices than you could get at the "regular" store. That and it's all preservative/funky chemical free. I'd gladly pay more for something of that quality. We also went over to Valley Forge for a little while. We took Nana over to the Visitor Center and poked around there for a bit and watched the video. By that time, Boo was hungry again and I didn't have a good way to warm up the bottle I had with me. Therefore, we went back to the house. Nana and I had dinner there with Gramma Sue and Pop Pop Mike. (Or maybe it's just Pop Pop... I guess we'll have to wait until Boo starts talking to see what he ends up being called...)
Of course, our dinner and Boo's dinner decided to coincide. There was a little interesting juggling on my part, but everyone got fed with a minimum of crying on any one's part.
Of course, because Boo slept a good bit during the day in the car and the like, he didn't have such a good night. I guess that's partially my fault because I really didn't try and keep him up during the day. But that doesn't always work anyhow.
Today is going well though, now that we've gotten over the morning crankies. Like I said, Bob and Linda brought us lunch and it was good. They haven't had a chance to see him since he was mere hours old when they came by the hospital. I was glad to see them then, and it was good to see them again today. We've really got to get together more often. I mean, they live all of what, a mile or so from Kat? Part of the problem is the fact that I was traveling so much the last few years for work and they were traveling a lot with their trailer. Now that gas prices are so high, they'll probably be staying home a bit more often. Which means we might actually get to have dinner together on occasion or the like. I hope so.
I had my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment for my asthma/allergies. Basically we're going to just keep an eye on things for now while I'm breast feeding, but if I need to, take my meds. My doctor was very happy to see Boo and was happy to see how well I'm doing. I've lost about 20 of the 35 lb I put on while pregnant with Boo. (Of course, I lost quite a bit of that quite quickly when I delivered an 8lb, healthy baby boy!) Hopefully I'll be able to put a big dent in the last 15 or so over the next several weeks. I may even be able to wear my "normal" pants back to work. (I'm not holding my breath, but I can hope... the pants I was wearing during the last several months are getting a little silly looking...)
Anyhow, I guess I'd better wrap this up. I think I'm going to take Boo on a little walk to the bank and around the block a bit... then I really should check the work email, I'm sure I've got close to 100 messages piled up there over the past week.
Peace to all and may the good days outnumber the bad.

No comments: