Sunday, July 27, 2008


Sorry for the lack of both photo and written updates. It's been a busy weekend around here.
Friday and Saturday our friends Chris and Diane were having a yard sale and everyone was welcome to bring stuff to sell. Gak and I didn't get anything together, mostly because I can't get into the closet right now because of a mattress we've got shoved in there. That and my brain hurt too much to try and figure out what to get rid of.

Boo and I did go over and hang out for a good part of the day with Chris and Scott on Friday. Boo slept most of the morning, which was good. He'd done a three-wakeup night and I was a little tired. The weather was beautiful. Boo just hung out in his car seat with a blankie under the tarp. There was a nice breeze and it wasn't too hot or humid and the sun wasn't in his eyes. It was a nice morning for everyone.

Friday night we went out with Chris, Diane and Stu. There was a little baby girl at the next table over that was less than a week older than Boo. Boo discovered her when Diane took him so Gak could finish his supper. He couldn't tear his eyes off her. Of course, since we came home from the hospital, he really hasn't seen any other babies, just us old people. It was cute.

Saturday was a long day for Boo as well. We've started playing Magic in a "league" setting with Chris, Diane, Scott and Stu. We all started out with a starter pack and a couple of boosters. There was a new expansion last week so we got to add cards from that. We did it in the form of a "draft" Saturday morning from 4 boosters that we picked up Friday evening. That was fun. (Yes, I thought I'd gotten away from the cards years ago, but Chris was itching to play again and well... it's a hard game to give up totally... and we're having fun with this...).

I also went down to Skipack to the good yarn store. I was exchanging a ball of yarn I'd purchased for a different color and they were having their supper summer sale. I scored 7 balls of this pretty blue mostly cotton yarn that normally would have been about $50 for $10. I couldn't resist. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but... how could I turn a deal like that down? (I've been trying very hard not to just randomly buy yarn... especially since there just isn't that much money in the budget for it...)

We spent Saturday evening playing Magic with our friends and eating pizza. It was weird to be doing that again. Fun, but weird.

Today GrammaSue came up. We went and did laundry while Gak stayed home with Boo. This was the first time he'd done that for any length of time. It went well for the most part. Boo did cry for about the first hour, but then settled down, ate a good bit and had a good snuggle with his Poppa. Overall, not a bad time, but Boo will have to get used to spending his mornings with Gak and his afternoons without either of us. It'll take a little time, but we'll all adjust. (But, of course my heart breaks a little each time I think about it... especially if he's asleep in my arms at the time...)

We braved the thunder storm and went to Target and Friendlys this afternoon. Overall, it was a good day. Boo slept the night through Friday night, so of course that meant that last night was an "up every 2 hours" night. Oh well. Boo did get a lot of good Poppa time today. Although, I do feel quite guilty for handing Boo off to Gak so much today and yesterday evening. Gak didn't get a lot of time with him this week, so I'm sure he didn't mind too much, but I still feel like a bit of a slacker for it. (I know... I need time for me too... but... it's complicated with the heart-strings...)

That was a totally random paragraph. I'd best get to bed. Boo went to sleep at almost 9 exactly. Hopefully this means he won't be up before 3, maybe even 4 or 5 (but I'm not holding my breath...). This just means I've been up about a half-hour past my own bedtime and should get some sleep while I can.

Peace to all and may you have many fun adventures.


Chelsea said...

The box with my seven best decks, that I've been building since before you and I met, went missing last year. I just don't have the heart to play without them, so our six boxes of cards are languishing on a shelf. :(

Have you guys played Culdcept Saga on the 360? Michael got it last week, and we've been playing. It's kind of like...75% M:tG, 25% Monopoly. Pretty fun.

Addey said...

I'm sorry your cards have gone missing. Bummer.
Gak got rid of the 360 shortly before Boo was born. He decided that we only needed 1 system and that the Wii was a better choice, since I like playing on that one, but have problems with all the buttons on the 360 controller.