Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Six-Week Checkup

Today was Boo's six-week checkup. My boy is growing like a weed! He's now 11.25 lb and 22.75 inches long! That puts him solidly in the 50-75% range for his age. (I have no idea why they give such a broad range... I guess because at this age there is so much variance in size?) He's put on almost exactly 3lb since his last appointment 4 weeks ago. I'm impressed. I knew he was growing quickly, but I guess I just didn't realize how quickly. I'm also impressed because this just goes to prove how well breastfeeding really does take off the pregnancy pounds. He's gained 3lb and I've lost all but 10 lb of my pregnancy weight in the last 4 weeks. Go team!
When the doctor put him on his tummy to check out his neck/head control, he promptly pushed up on his arms and was looking all around. Most babies don't do this until they're about 3 months old. He's been trying like crazy to do this for a long time. He'd much rather pick his head up and look around than just lie there. Once he starts crawling, I'm sure we won't be able to keep up at all.
His next appointment is on the 15th of August, which is right after I go back to work. I'm still dreading that... and not just because I'll be having to leave Boo for most of the day. I had a minor panic attack in the middle of the night because I realized that the guy who's leaving in 2 weeks is the one who was supposed to work with me when I got back on a project. He's pretty much the only one who knows the new reporting software from the EPA and I was supposed to do a training on it in early September. Now I have no clue what's up with that. I'm trying not to panic, but it's not working.
Oh well. Looks like it's time for me to drop Gak off at work so I can have the truck and run some errands. Of course, this means going over to Target for more baby related stuff. I should get used to this.
Peace to all and my everything go well.

No comments: