Friday, July 18, 2008

Bad Momma?

The second half of the week has been pretty uneventful. Just more of the same.
(One good news note though... I can finally fit in my pre-pregnancy shorts... and most of my shirts too!)
This weeks been a little tough on me though, and I'm not sure why. It just seems like a long week for some reason. Maybe it's because other than Boo's doctor appointment on Tuesday, we haven't really done anything or gone anywhere. That tends to make me a little gray around the edges. The last few days I just haven't felt like I've been the best Momma Boo could ask for.
I mean, I haven't done anything horible like leave him in the car, drop him on his head or anything like that. I just haven't been the most attentive, snuggly, interactive Momma. Not like I usually am at any rate. He hasn't been neglected, but not really engaged in the world around him so much.
Wednesday we had a good couple of hours though. He was awake and happy and we "played" for a good bit of time. That was nice. Yesterday however and the rest of Wednesday evening was filled with not quite naping and not quite feeding. I guess I was just having problems because Boo was having problems figuring out what he wanted or needed and letting me know.
The past few days he'll eat a little, but he's way more interested in trying to suck the skin off my little finger than eat. He'll fuss, I'll present him my finger to see if he wants to eat possibly, he'll be happilly sucking on it for a minute, so I'll offer a feed. Nope, doesn't want it. He'll take a sip or two and push me away. Don't get me wrong, he's deffinately eating enough... He'll have one or two really good feeds in a day, but the rest of the day do a grazing thing. Really frustrating for me, which I guess just makes me a little distant from time to time. I just get so tired of trying to guess.
It's really not all that bad. I love snuggling with him and spending as much time as possible with him, I'm just frustrated by his mixed signals. (Gee... sounds like I'm talking about an ex-boyfriend here...) Oh well. We'll get past this.
Oh, and remind me never, ever to tell the world that Boo may be starting to sleep through the night, even if he does it three nights in a row. The last several he's been back to his maybe 6-hour stretch followed by a couple of 2-4 hour stretches. Maybe there's a little sleep deprivation going on as well.
Eepp. Boo's waking up again. Gotta post as is.
Peace to all and may your skies be sunny.

No comments: