Thursday, July 24, 2008


Well, it finally happened. Boo had a gut-emptying puke... all over me. And of course we weren't at home. We were over at Chris and Dianne's. Luckily we were outside so no carpet to clean.
No crying, no warning, no nothing, just splat. It was pretty gross. I have no idea what brought it on. Gak had just finished feeding him a bottle. It was cool, but we had him wrapped in a blanket (the one Aunt Michelle made him). He wasn't fussy, he'd been good almost all evening. He ate all the bottle without any issues. He doesn't feel like he has a fever. He's been fine since and is sleeping quietly in his bed now.
Oh well. These things happen. It may have been the first, but I'm sure it won't be the last.
Other than that, it has been a pretty good couple of days. We didn't do a whole lot the last few days. Yesterday was gray and rainy at points. The highlight of today was going over to the Broadway Cafe for lunch.
The nights on the other hand... have been a little rough. Tuesday night he went to bed a little early but woke up twice during the night, about 2 hours apart. Gak did give him a bottle at 1:30, but because it takes so long to warm up a bottle, it took Boo about 1.5 hours to settle back down instead of eating and falling back asleep in about 20 minutes. This meant that Wednesday he slept a lot, so went to bed at almost 10. He woke up at 2, 4 and 6. I was not a happy Momma.
Luckily we got about a 1.5 hour nap from 9-10:30 this morning. It was a good day over all.
Well, of course until the gut-emptying episode just a little bit ago. I'm wondering if the milk was a little off, even though it had been in the freezer since I pumped it. I guess we'll never know.

I was going to say something earlier this week about Gak's week. It's been long. It's been busy. The girls working with him haven't been very helpful at all. So, he's a little cranky, but it'll pass. He tries very hard not to be cranky at home, but he's tired. It's OK because I know there are many days that I'm a total bear to live with. But, he'll be back to his "normal" schedule starting Saturday. That'll be nice as will the pay check.

I guess I'd better wrap this up so I can do a few other things before I crash and get some sleep. I hope Boo decides to sleep more than a few hours at a shot tonight.

Peace to all and may your messes be few, far between and small.


Flauta Mom said...

Did he eat his bottle too quickly?

Also BM can be left out for 10 hours, so you can leave his evening bottle at room temp and it will be fine.

Addey said...

I don't think he ate too quickly. He'd taken it in small bits over the course of about an hour. The last ounce or two were pretty quick compared, but no faster than usual.
He doesn't usually get an evening bottle... unless we're out. We weren't planning on being out until later in the afternoon, so the milk was a little cold. He doesn't seem to mind temp so much.