Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Morning

Well, we made it through another weekend. And now I'm back at work.
I'm so glad there's a 3-day weekend coming up. I could use it!
I do have pictures to post, but I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight so I can share them tomorrow.
Friday we were supposed to go to the movies after Gak got off work. Well, we didn't. There wasn't a good time for us to go see Prince Caspian up at the new theater, which is very nice, and when we drove past the one in town, it was so crowded that the time we wanted was probably sold out. We had dinner at the Broadway Cafe two doors over from the apartment instead. (Great little place. Good and simple food, cheep prices, neat decor and right under the dance studio and friendly owner.)
Saturday I sent Gak in to work by himself again. I really should try and do laundry on Saturday instead of Sunday, but I just wasn't having any of it this weekend. Besides, Saturday was the "Art's Alive" festival thing and the street was blocked off. I'd have had to carry the laundry a block or two, and neither of us wanted to do that...
I did wander around the artists on Saturday. I spent too much money though. I bought a few small things and then spent more than I planned on one thing in particular. It's a wooden jigsaw puzzle in the shape of a rampant baby dragon. It was too cute to pass up. It's not that big. It's something that Boo will grow into, but until then, I can enjoy.
After Gak got home from work we took a lap around the vendors and he got something to eat. He actually got a decent BBQ biscuit sandwich. I, however, splurged and got an ice cream. We were very lucky that the day turned out so nice. It was very windy, but the sun was out the whole day. After the weather Friday, I was worried it would be rained out.
After our little jaunt around the block, we decided to go see Prince Caspian. The theater wasn't too crowded this time. I now also remember why we try and see all the movies we can up at the other theater. The one in town is less than 10 years old, but it is really showing it's age. The totally digital projection and sound at the other theater and the much better seating really have spoiled us.
The movie was OK. If you haven't seen it, I'd suggest waiting for it on DVD. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the first one. They took some important set-up scenes from the book out of the movie and I think they made a couple of scenes up out of whole cloth. The acting was good, but it just didn't make me go "wow" like Iron Man did or the first Narnia movie.
Speaking of movies, we have a date with some of our friends to go see the new Indiana Jones movie on Friday. I can't wait for that one!
Yesterday was mostly good. Kat, Scott and Stu came over. We spent quite a bit of time waiting for Stu to finish up his RIFTS character. (I seriously think a cattle prod needs to be applied to his backside some days....) The game itself looks like it might be interesting. My character is a little more surly than I intended her to be, but I think that was my general mood seeping out again. All I know is it got the right reaction out of Scott... it annoyed the snot out of him. I enjoy doing that. He needs to be kept on his toes. Of course, I think I made Stu pretty mad at my character, but come on... the race I'm playing doesn't trust anyone and he was touching my stuff without even talking to me after he just appeared out of nowhere through a rift. Of course I'm gonna yell at him!
Of course, I wanted to yell at him for real about 7:00. Kat and Scott left around 6 to go pickup Zoe. Stu didn't get the idea that maybe Gak and I would want some time together or that I just wasn't up to having people over any longer that day. Gak finally got him to leave around 9. (Around 6:30, I excused myself to the bedroom to go read. Of course, by about 8 I was a bit bored and frustrated because Stu was on my computer because Gak was showing him EQII so therefore I couldn't do anything on it...)
Anyhow, it is Monday now. I've got to get my butt in gear and get the last minute things done for the training the rest of the week. I've also got to get some other training crap done and out of the way. I just don't feel like being yelled at by my boss, and I'm sure I will. I closed about 3 things in total last week and it wasn't my most productive of weeks. I did get a good bit of training stuff done, but not everything that needs to be done. He can just deal. There's only so much energy you're going to get out of me in a given day for the next few weeks and I'll do the best with it that I can.

Oh, random thought before I finish this. Saturday morning I got a call from BabiesRUs. The glider is in! I'm picking it up this evening! I can now breathe a sigh of relief. I'll admit I was worried. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if it didn't get here in time, but it is much nicer that it is here.

Peace to all and I hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments: