Thursday, May 15, 2008

Babies and Knees

Well, today was doctor appointment day.
My appointment this morning went well. Boo's head is down, but otherwise no progress on that front. (No contractions of any kind, some pelvic pressure now and again, no spotting or leaking or anything like that either... basically no nothing.) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's not here until the end of the first week of June. (Besides, if I use the dates as I honestly think they should be, I'm not really due until around the 10th anyhow...) If things are still like this next week, we'll discuss options with the doctor. I tell you what, unless there's a very good medical reason, I don't plan on letting them induce me before the 10th. That's less than 2 weeks past-date using the current math. Anyhow, we'll burn that bridge when we get there.
Gak's appointment went well too. It was very brief. I think I like the doctor, but I'm not sure. He's the one who has patched up all of Kat's broken bones over the years, so I know he's good. A little brisk, but a good doctor. According to him, what the issue is, is that Gak's kneecap isn't tracking right. Basically it's become a little off center. Gak's been given a couple of exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee that he will do for five minutes each time, three times a day. (Yes honey, I'm glaring at you....) He's also supposed to take two Alive at breakfast and bedtime and has been given a new brace to wear all day to try and push the kneecap back into proper alignment.
I hope this works. We don't need his knee getting any worse any time soon. That and he just shouldn't have to live with a constant low level of pain every day. It just makes him cranky after a while.
Well, I guess I should actually get some work done since this morning was taken up by doctors.
Peace to all and may you have good results.

No comments: