Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Four Months!


Can you believe my son is four months old today? I can't, and I'm his momma! He's getting so big. Here is the monthly photo shoot of Boo with his big dragon. No, he's not really sitting on his own, he's wedged in pretty good between the dragon's head and arm. (Boo wasn't quite awake for this... he'd been sleeping in his car seat when I picked him up for this, that's why no smiles...)
I found a picture on my phone of the first time that Gak had Boo in the carry pouch on our evening walk. You can't see Boo's head at all, just the hat that I'd perched there and his little tiny legs sticking out of the bottom. You can't see his arms because they're snug inside the pouch. Now, he rides facing the world and fills the pouch well. (I'd share it here, but I can't seem to convince this phone to actually send pictures out. I gave up arguing with it a while ago, it's usually not that important.
Anyhow, he's been doing very well at daycare. Gak's surviving being with him in the mornings. He's learning the signals of when Boo thinks it is acceptable to be put down for a little bit and when that would be the end of the world. Maybe one of these days between the two of us, we'll get this place looking almost respectable again. Aww... who am I kidding? That'll never happen. (And I'll just get pissier and crankier about it until I take care of something with intentions of getting the rest done, which won't happen... lather, rinse, repeat.)
Today was also the beginning of reporting month. I'm not really looking forward to it. I've got a ton of service work that will need to get done, and a bunch of training stuff to get done as well. I have no idea how it'll all get done, but it will. It always does sooner or later, preferably sooner rather than later.
Other than that, things are going well. I think we might have truly hit fall now. Some of the trees are changing. It seems like they've changed almost overnight. The nights are getting cooler and the days not so warm. I just wish my office wasn't freezing cold. I hate the change in seasons, it wreaks havoc with the heating/air conditioning. It is also rainy a lot now. That's a sure sign of fall. Oh well, we could use the rain, but I feel like I'm going to mildew soon. We had a few nice days on Monday and Tuesday, but today was damp again. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.
I don't really have anything else to say. I mostly wanted to post the picture of Boo and be dumbfounded at the fact that he's 1/3rd of a year old already!
Peace to all and may your lives be full and happy.

No comments: