Saturday, October 11, 2008

Little Balls of Stress

This is how I feel this week.  I actually took this picture last Saturday.  I was quite impressed at how little bink was still in his mouth, but it hadn't fallen out.  (We don't give him a bink often, but he was really being quite fussy and some days, it's the only thing that will get him to actually calm down enough to let the nap monster win... and trust me, he needs his naps!)
This week has been long, frustrating, mostly productive and mostly just exhausting.  Although, this is one of the few times that I well and truly wished that I actually got overtime.  I could use a couple more hours pay and I definitely have enough work to keep me occupied for a couple of hours both yesterday and today.  (I might actually get something accomplished without other people there to bug me with a million little questions and things they need me to look at...)
Just a few more weeks of this and then we're out of reporting month.  Although, I have no clue about half the training projects that are coming up for the rest of the quarter.  I still feel so very, very disorganized.  And this isn't something where you can just clear everything off your desk into the trash bin and completely clear the calendar and start over.  Nope, I've got to figure out what's still owed, what state of completion the project is in, who to talk to and who to send.  It's becoming more and more of a nightmare.  At least the new manager is bugging me about it.  That's both a blessing and a curse.  A blessing because hopefully it'll help me let less fall through the cracks.  A curse because he keeps interrupting what I was working on to chase my tail about something else.  Ugh.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll even itself out over the next several months.  
I'm just so not looking forward to all of this.  I keep dreading what's going to happen after Boo's first birthday.  I know they're going to want me on the road again, and I'm just terrified it'll be all the time.  I hope that by then I'll have gotten good enough at scheduling others and being truly the administrator of this whole mess that I'll only have to take the occasional trip.  I can never go back to what I was doing.  It was hard enough when it was just me and Gak.  I couldn't look into that little face of my son, who wouldn't understand at all what's going on, and leave him for 3-5 days a week, every week.
I know, there are people out there who can and do, but I'm not one of them.
Ok, enough of this depressing talk.  Boo's birthday is still more than half a year away.  He's growing too fast as it is.
I think I know what part of his cranky problem has been the last week or so.  I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that I see two little teeth trying to poke through.  Yes, it is a bit early to be getting teeth.  Although, he is almost 4.5 months old, and some babies get teeth as early as 4 months.  Part of me hopes he isn't though.  I really am not looking forward to him having to re-learn how to nurse and not bite.  I hope we don't have to go through that.  It'll just be frustrating for everyone involved.
Today was a good day overall though.  We've got some beautiful fall weather going on right now.  He behaved wonderfully doing laundry and even took a long enough nap that I could fold his clothes there, instead of waiting until he took a nap at home.  He took a nice long nap (almost a whole hour!) this afternoon.  He was a happy, if clingy, baby most of the day.  Life is good.
Well, I'm off to find a snack and my book.  That is, unless Spore claims me...  I have a like/dislike relationship with the game.  Some of the controls are a little odd, especially after playing EQII for so long.  (No, I haven't logged in there for way too long...)  As my brother said to me in a note, I was hoping to play more like Charles Darwin than God.  But, it's addictingly fun in an odd, quarky and somewhat limited way.  I can play around with something for a half hour or an hour and enjoy myself.  I guess that makes it a good game overall then.
Well, peace to all and my you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: