Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Pi and Other Fall Clasics

First off.....

WE WON!

(we'll be continuing this post in a light cyan, as I can't figure out how to get back to my "normal" color since it isn't on the pick list...)

Yes, that's right, Philadelphia finally has a championship in a major league sport for the first time in about 25 years, which is actually longer than I've been living in the region.  It's been 14 years (since I was a senior in high school) since the Phills went to the Series.  We've been so close, but so far for so many years, I'm not sure how the city will react.  I'm sure it'll be sheer chaos at work......

I have to admit, I didn't watch the game.  Nope, I only watched about 6 innings of the entire Phills playoff run this season.  It seemed to work better that way.  (I did enjoy the Ray's game I caught though...)

Ok, back to "normal" posting.  The picture at the top of the post is my entry for today's "Pumpkin carving and decorating contest" at work.  No, I didn't carve it, and technically, it's not even really a pumpkin.  But it is decorated, and looks like a pumpkin.
And it has my sense of humor.
Luckily I work with engineers, so hopefully some will at least understand, and a few will even chuckle.
Yes, I crocheted a Pumpkin Pi.
No, I didn't set out to make Pi.  I originally was going to make my pumpkin a traditional Jack-O-Lantern face.  But nothing I was trying this morning was working.  (Don't you just love how I don't finish things until the last minute??  Drives my Mom and my teachers in school crazy...)  So, inspiration hit and I made Pi.  I'm debating if I should take it in the pie tin or not.  I think I will, for those who are a bit math challenged.  (Or those who just don't get my sense of humor... which is most people *sigh*)

Anyhow, I'm off to get dressed.  (We're having a costume contest as well and since I have no "real" costume, I'm going to wear my hard hat and my many pocketed vest and call myself Wendy.  Anyone with children who were watching PBS about 4 or 5 years ago, know who I'm talking about...)

Peace to all and may dreams come true and your humor be appreciated.

No comments: