Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mel!

Well, today is Mel's birthday.  (At least, I think it's today, not yesterday, but I could be off a day *sigh*.)  She's getting way too big, as you can see from this picture taken back in July at our "Welcome Boo" party.  There she is, with her little brother, who is 6-months older than Zoe.  (He turns 8 next week.)
Mel turns 12 today.
Where has the time gone?
What happened to my Little Bug?
She's all big now.  She's almost as tall as I am (no surprise there).  The dress she's wearing in this picture belonged to one of her "real" aunts.  She borrowed some of Kat's shorts and T-shirt later that day to run around in.
This is just so not fair.  I want my snugly little Bug back.
Oh well, it just reminds me that soon enough, I'll be saying the same thing about Boo.  I really don't want to think about that.  I just want to enjoy him in the moment, not worry about tomorrow or wish for yesterday.  (Actually, I lie, I wish all the time for the 1st or even 2nd week of August.  That was before I went back to work... *sigh* again.)
Anyhow, not sure what we're going to do for this birthday.  Mel wanted an "adult only" party at a really cool haunted hayride/haunted house.  Unfortunately, it was $40 a person and none of us has that kind of money at the moment.  (If I had an extra $80 this week, unfortunately, I'd be doing the adult thing of buying a fleece suit for Boo for weather too cool for just a light jacket but not cold enough for his snow suit that GrammaSue and PopPop are buying him and other needs... *sigh* for the third time...)  Hopefully we'll get a chance to see Mel this weekend.  And Ant next weekend.  I'm guessing one of the big reasons she wants a grownup party is the fact that since her brother's birthday is only a week after hers, she's tired of sharing.  I don't blame her.  It gets annoying sharing my birthday with Thanksgiving from time to time.

Well, other than Mel's birthday, nothing new.  I'm still up to my eyeballs in work.  Boo still loves his bouncer.  Gak's still enjoying the daddy thing, but has had a slow week at work.  I guess no news is good news.  We shall see.

Peace to all and may your loved ones not grow up too fast!

No comments: