Friday, August 01, 2008

Two Months!

Wow! Another month has passed and my little boy is now 2 whole months old! I can't believe how fast the time is going. Of course, this means I have only one more week of leave... actually, vacation at this point, before I head back to work. That will really shake up Boo's world for a little bit until we all get used to the new routine. I think he'll adapt faster than the rest of us.


Anyhow, yesterday was a very good day. This picture was taken at Green Lane Park, not too far from home. (There are more pictures on Flickr.) Yesterday morning Boo was a little fussy and grutzy and was just having an off time. When we dropped Gak off at work, he was snoozing slightly in his seat. Therefore, I decided to drive down the road a bit and go to Green Lane. It's a HUGE park, I've only visited parts of it, and not too far away. We stopped near the Deep Creek Lake portion and just hung out under the trees for a while. It was nice and shady and there was a wonderful breeze blowing. It was quite comfortable.
Boo even suffered me posing him on his blankie on the rocks for a few minutes. Unfortunately, most of them didn't turn out anywhere near as nice as I'd hoped. That is except for the cranky face ones...
We stayed at the park for about an hour or so. Then Boo got a little fussy and decided he didn't really want a picnic lunch. Oh well. It would have been nice to stay there a bit longer. But that little bit of time we had was exactly what I was needing. (I really do need a place with a back yard and at least one big tree... the other day all I could think about was spending a bit of time splashing around in a baby pool with my son...)
On the way home, we all but had to pass the Duck's place. So, of course I decide to swing by and see if anyone was home. Sure enough, both Bob and Linda were home. They were just stopping for lunch after playing around in the yard a bit working on it. We spent a good couple of hours just sitting around visiting. We spent some time talking about Gram and Mum Mum and other family. (Gram was Linda's Godmother... and the families are pretty close to begin with...) It was quite an enjoyable visit. Boo snoozed through a lot of it.
He was eventually getting fussy though, so we headed home for a little bit before picking up Gak from work. We did go on a short walk with Chris and Diane last night, but Diane wasn't feeling so great. Boo did go to bed quite early (by 8:00 while we were on the walk) and slept a good long time. This is despite all the naps he took yesterday. And of course, he did the wake at 3, fall back asleep by 4 and up again at 5. Actually, he was barely up. He didn't really want anything to eat, just a snuggle. I can handle that. He didn't wake up again until just after 8. (Of course, this was about 10 minutes after Gak left this morning...)
Gak took the Durango over to get the tires rotated and aligned and an oil change. I hate to admit how bad we've been about not getting the oil changed. That and we've got a check-engine light on. I'm scared to know what that means. We will see. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg.

In other news, today is Abi's last day in Rhode Island. She's leaving today at 4 and heading to her sister Jessi's place in NYC. Then tomorrow morning they start the drive out to Phoenix. I'm so excited for her, but I'm going to miss her so much. Yes, I know, we went too many years without seeing each other. But now that we're back in touch, it was nice to have her only a drive away. (A long drive, but a drive none the less...) Now she'll be all the way out in AZ. We will live. This is the best thing for her. It's such a positive change it's almost scary. She will be just fine and I'll have someone to visit when we head out there. (Maybe not right away, but hopefully sooner rather than later...) And despite it all, Abi still has family back here so I'm sure she'll be back, even if only to visit her sister in NYC. We'll just have to get together than. And besides, there is this wonderful thing called the Internet, email and cell phones with free long distance. We'll be fine. I have no intentions of letting her slip away again.

I really don't know what's on tap for the weekend. Mom will be up Monday afternoon. Gak is working Saturday as always. Who knows. We may find something interesting to do. I guess it all depends on the weather and gas....

Peace to all and may you enjoy your days.

No comments: