Thursday, August 14, 2008

Moving Forward

This week continues to go. Forward mostly. I haven't really gotten a whole lot done at work. Yesterday I sat in on an info session on something that I'm supposed to create a one day seminar on by September. (haha... this will be fun.... NOT) Today I spent the afternoon giving two new support people an overview of our software. It was a whirlwind tour. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to these two, I'm waiting to figure out if I like them or not until I've been back for a while. Tomorrow I get to spend time teaching Arlene how to quote training. Yes, this should have been done before I left on leave, but my two former bosses were just oh so interested in it. One didn't have a clue and the other thought training was nothing more than an annoyance and a hassle so decided to ignore it. Fun. They're both gone now, and our temporary manager does have a clue and realizes the potential training has for bringing in money. That and the warm fuzzy feelings that it can give customers.
It's nice to be back in some ways. I keep seeing people I haven't talked to in ages and they're all very glad to see me. I didn't really realize how many people there actually liked me and I am friends with. I have missed some of the interactions. But I do miss being with Boo all day.
Boo is doing well at day care. He's napping well and eating well and being changed often. He doesn't fuss much if at all when I drop him off and he smiles with his whole body when I come to pick him up. The real test for him will be next week when Gak starts dropping him off and I don't have mornings with him any more. I'm sure it'll be harder on me than on him.
I have no idea what's we're doing over the weekend. I'm not sure I really care. I'm just tired.
Oh, in other news... we finally have a dishwasher! Gak's mom gave us the money for a new one back when she was here, but I was holding on to it as a safety net until I started getting regular checks instead of medical leave checks. It does take up a good bit of the counter space and is a little on the noisy side, but it washes dishes well and we don't have to. I need to pick up a basket thing for bottle parts, but other than that, life is good. We still have to do pots and pans and the like by hand, but that's only a small portion of the dishes. I'll get a picture of it tomorrow and show you exactly how much space it takes up. I'm willing to loose the space though for this convenience.
I'm having problems keeping my train of thought, so I think I'll end the post here.
Peace to all and may things work in your favor.

No comments: