Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Then and Now

What was I doing 3 years ago today? I was running around doing last minute things for the wedding. Today is the day three years ago that I pledged my heart to my wonderful husband for the rest of our lives.

I don't regret it a bit.


Things have changed so much since then.

This is what the day looked like three years ago. (You can really tell who belongs to which half of the family can't you?)

We were living in Springtown, back of beyond. Gak was working for the UPS store and I was working where I am today. I was about halfway through my first year as Training Manager.


This is what we look like today. As you can well see and know, the family is a bit different. (This picture is from the party in July.)

We've moved into town. I'm not traveling any more. Gak left the UPS store for about 6 months, but is back now. We've gained a wonderful son, but we've suffered losses as well. We've lost Gak's uncle and father, my Gram and a couple of family friends along the way. They are all missed.

The necklace Gak gave me for our anniversary (see Saturday's post...) is perfect. It really does symbolize where we've been, what we have and where we're going. Here's to many, many, many more years and wonderful adventures.

Peace to all and may you find your heart's mate and enjoy the love.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary!