Monday, August 11, 2008

Soon.....

I guess I didn't get around to posting any more. Oops.
It was a good weekend overall. We didn't do a whole lot. We had some people over Sunday. We ran a few errands Saturday. Pretty low key and uneventful. I like weekends like that.
I admit, I did hope that time would just slow down for a while. I spent a good bit of time just hugging my boy close. I think I'm ready to face tomorrow, but I won't really know until I get there.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at work. I'm not looking forward to the chaos and all those unanswered questions I've got with what exactly my job is and with all the people who left. I've got a very short time to get a brand new program together on something I've only seen a few times and never really touched. I hope that goes well. I'm sure I'll be blogging about that as the time gets closer.
I'm not looking forward to leaving Boo for 4 or 5 hours. I know, he'll be fine. I really do like the place we're taking him. The ladys running the place are very nice and truly do care about their charges.
In a way, he needs this too. It'll get him out and meeting other kids. I mean, if I was able to be a stay-at-home mom, I'd have joined the Y or something by now and joined some play groups or the like or some "mommy and me" classes and it would do us both a world of good. People are social animals, we're not supposed to just lock ourselves up at home and not see anyone.
Anyhow, Boo gets to meet new people and have new adventures. He's really only there long enough to take a nap or two and have a bottle or two. Hopefully long enough to get used to not being with me all the time, but not long enough to make him panic. (Of course, I'll be the one panicing....)

Speaking of beginnings, my good friend Abi started her new job in AZ today. I talked to her last night. She seems to be settling in well in Phoenix. She's exicted about everything that there is to do and all the new people to meet, even if in some ways it still terrifies her. (Like me, she doesn't always do well on the whole meeting new people thing... but we try...) Abi really is in a very positive place in her head and really excited, in a terrified way, about everything. I continue to wish her the best. I know she'll be just fine. But I miss her... Oh well. There's always the holidays.....

Yes, I've taken more pictures since Thursday.
No, I havent' downloaded them from the camera.
Yes, I will get them downloaded soon, I hope.

Anyhow, it's almost 9:45 now and I'd like to get to bed soon and there are a few things yet to do. (I think I'll go ahead and shower tonight... no telling if I'd be able to get one in the morning...)

Peace to all and may you have things to look forward to.

p.s. Spell check isn't working again... so I appologize for my horrible sense of right and wrong when it comes to how words should be spelled.

No comments: