Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monday on a Tuesday?

Here's hoping today isn't a Monday.
Yesterday was actually almost a good day. I was able to close several things, including one of the oldest tickets I've got. Hopefully I'll be able to be productive today too.
Although, I'm strongly beginning to suspect that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I just can't seem to do much right.
Actually, it probably started last night. Gak had thought that I had finished a book, so took it with him yesterday. I hadn't. The only thing I said to him last night when he got home (and I was 3/4 asleep) was to inquire about the book. He'd brought it home, so no big deal. I just remember hoping against hope that I didn't sound like a total whiny bitch when I asked him about it. I think I succeeded, but I'm not sure since I wasn't very awake.
Then, this morning, Gak's trying to share something that he's interested in on a forum and I just don't care. And told him so. Not in the most nice of ways either... I was pretty blunt. You see, he's all but stopped playing Gak and has a new monk on another server and is in a fairly well known guild and is enjoying himself. I have absolutely no intention of following. I've worked too hard and like Addey too much to abandon her and I'm not paying $50 or whatever it is to have her moved to a different server. I still have friends on Guk that I enjoy talking with and I really do like the guild she's in at the moment. I do miss playing with Gak, but either I'll get over it, or I won't.
The third strike this morning was when I was leaving for work. I asked if he'd had a chance to call the daycare yesterday. I was just inquiring, not trying to be snotty or anything. I'm guessing I didn't succeed. He snapped at me that he didn't because he walked in the door yesterday and didn't stop until they closed. (Mind you, I'd call, but he's got the number with him at work...) Ok, no big deal. Well, maybe a big deal. If we decide not to go with this place, we're back at square one and running out of time. I keep kicking myself for not doing anything about this sooner. Of course, part of the problem was the fact that we just didn't know what was going on with either of our schedules, especially his, and really had no idea what kind of care we'd need.
Yet again, I'm wishing one or the other of us made enough that the other could stay home closer to full time. It's not going to happen. Probably not ever with the way things are going. (I mean, I put $50 of gas in the car yesterday and only got 3/4 of a tank! And the mileage we're getting is down for some reason....grrrr....) There truly are some days that I have no idea how we're going to make it. This is one of them.
Maybe it's just the hormones making me moodier than usual. Maybe it's reporting month getting to me. Maybe it's the fact that Boo just won't lay off my right hand ribs for more than a few moments at a time here and there while I'm at work so I'm in pain most of the day. (And as anyone who's had pain of any kind can tell you... that makes paying attention to what you're doing pretty hard...) Maybe it's the fact that it's the primaries here in PA today. It could be all of the above, or none I just don't know.

At least we've gotten good news about Dad's health. I won't go into it here and now, but just to say, things have been a bit scary off and on the last several months but it looks like it's not as bad as it could be and we'll have some answers to work with soon. I hope so, because the last thing this family as a whole needs is another big health issue.

Well, I'd best be getting my work day started. Oh, Mom told me that Gak's home town actualy made GMA this morning. Apparently they had a huge hail storm yesterday. Guess we'd better call and see how everyone fared.

Peace to all and may you not wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

No comments: