Friday, April 04, 2008

In the Works

I'm so glad that today is Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I forgot how hectic this service gig could really be. Not to mention frustrating. Of course, I don't feel like I've been giving it my all and am still chasing myself in circles a bit, but that's more to do with the overlapping responsibilities and stuff like that. Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon.
Anyhow... there's a few things that I just haven't posted about because they're in the works. I was going to wait and post about them when they were completed, but I thought I might as well put them out there now.
First off, we've got a dishwasher! Actually, we've paid for a dishwasher, but have to go out to Elizabethtown on Sunday to pick it up. Even if we spend $100 in gas, it'll still be cheaper than ordering it new. I'm so excited. Gak and I both hate doing dishes. I really want one for things like bottles and the like. (Yes, I know, according to the nurse who ran our baby class soap and hot water is just fine... but the dishwasher is so much more through...) Even though we'll still be doing pots and pans by hand it'll be a HUGE time and money saver. I mean, the thing does a 4-place setting load with only 3 gallons of hot water. I use more than that just doing a few glasses! This is one "luxury" item that we've been doing without and really, really want. I mean, having a washer and dryer in the apartment would be great too, but I'll take what I can get.
The other thing that's in the works is more daycare options. George at work heard me talking with Don about how much Goddard was going to cost and I had no idea how we were going to afford it. I mean, there are other options in the area, but that was our starting point. Well, George pipes up that his two go to a really great, small, inexpensive place about 5 minutes from work. They take infants for partial days even. It's a Montessori pre-school just like Goddard is when they get older. The kicker is, instead of $1150 or so a month, if we go partial days, it'll only be $400. Yes, that's right, 1/3 the cost. For just the amount of time we want to put him in there. Hopefully Gak and I are going to stop by Monday to check the place out. He called for a little more info and they do have infant openings in August. I hope this place works out. I really need to check out another couple around the house too.
So, it looks like it'll be an interesting few days. I'm dreading going home and writing the tax check though. I can't put it off any longer, as this is the last pay day before tax day. At least I've got a few good things coming up.
Well, I'd best get back to work before I get yelled at for wasting time.
Peace to all and may good things be on your horizon.

No comments: