Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Holding My Tongue

Be proud of me.
I know I am...
Despite being overly tired and cranky when I got home, I didn't go "super bitch" on the upstairs neighbor.
I could have. It would have been so easy. She got home the same time I did. She had the baby with her, so I guess that helped me hold my tongue better.
What made it hard was the fact that I was in a very tired and cranky mood. I had to park down the street because the street in front of the building was full again. I was hauling four bags of groceries and as soon as I opened the door, all I could smell was cigarette smoke. And it wasn't my fault. And the person who's fault, directly or not, it was was walking up the stairs behind me.
I should have opened my mouth. I could have just said something like "man it's smokey in here today, it shouldn't be". Or something like that. Some observant comment without blaming. It wouldn't have worked. She wouldn't have gotten the point and I wouldn't have stopped there but let fly.
It would have been ugly.
The landlady would have been on my side though, but I don't want to put her in that position.

Well, the painting that was supposed to start tonight, isn't. The landlady's husband has a conflict, so it's being pushed back. That's OK. Everything is out of the way at any rate. I can't wait for it to be done, but I'm just going to have to be patient.

Work is going. I'm still spinning my wheels a bit, but it's more lack of focus and sleep than anything. I'll get there. I'll figure out this balance and all the new tricks that have come up in the last three years.
Of course, right when I do, I'll go out on leave. But that's life.
Well, on that note, it's back to the grindstone. I've got more things to poke and prod at if I can figure out the priority and time it'll take to do them. (Provided I can actually connect to some of these sites...) The rest of the week is a little up in the air, as either this afternoon or tomorrow I'll be getting my new laptop finally. (I only put the request in back in January...)
Peace to all and may the little override switch in your brains work from time to time...

No comments: