Monday, February 25, 2008

Where Was I...?

Well, this weekend was a bit of a bummer. It slowly but surely turned into one of those weekends. It wasn't drop dead horrible, but it sure wasn't a good one.
Friday night Gak only had to work an extra hour, which was good. If not, I'm not sure he would have gotten a break at all that day. Talk about a grumpy troll! We ended up going out to dinner to Red Robbin. I have a love/hate relationship with that place. Their food is sooooo good, but it is sooooo bad for you! It was OK when the closest one was up by the airport. Then the one by the new movie theater opened. Now, now there's one in the same parking lot as Target. I am doomed! We've been trying to keep it to special occasions, but these days, pay day sounds pretty special some weeks. Needless to say a little bit of food therapy did Gak and I both some good. (Their bruchetta chicken sandwich is sooo yummy! Of course, I didn't eat both halves of the roll, so I missed out on some of the flavors... but that's OK.) We also went to Target, since we were right there. We splurged, just a little. We got a new dragon, who is sitting on the printer at the moment, and I got a new keyboard. I'd been looking at "gaming" keyboards since about October or so. Well, they had one of the ones I liked in stock and it was at a good price. Gak told me to buy it. I'm really happy with it. The real test will be tomorrow night though, when I take it for a spin on a raid. (That and full 6-person groups is why I wanted the programmable key pad on the side... to make things just that much quicker...) Oh, it is a Logitec G11. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some, which is just fine. It has the bells and whistles I wanted.
Saturday originally Gak was going to have to work, then he traded with Joe, but Joe had a family commitment and had to trade back. We were originally going to go to Yuengling Brewery with Kat and some others, but since Gak had to be at work by 1 (2 since he worked that extra hour...) it just wasn't going to work. That made us both cranky. This isn't the first thing we've had to turn down because of him having to close. I mean, he's had to close every Saturday since before the end of the year.... It did not help things any that he got yelled at by Tallon when he got there. Some of it was justified. But Gak isn't some 16-year-old teenager who won't listen to anyone and you have to yell at to get them to understand. He's 35 and understands responsibility and will own up to his mistakes when they're pointed out to him. It really didn't help that some of the things he was being yelled at about weren't in his control. I mean, something not getting done that should have, fine, that's a problem... only problem is the supplies for said project didn't come in until Wednesday, when Gak wasn't even at work! (He had Wednesday and Thursday off...) This put Gak into such a royally bad mood. He was barely sociable for two days!
Sunday Gak had to work again as well. This just kept him cranky. It's a good thing I love him and knew it wasn't me he was cranky with. (I did have to remind myself not to be a bitch and gripe at him about nothing a few times last night though....) I think he started using full sentences and paragraphs sometime this morning.
Meanwhile, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished this weekend. I did attempt to find most of my desk... at least getting rid of all the crap hiding behind my monitor and printer. Now I just have to deal with the rest of it... I will get it under control one of these days. I have to, it's in the living room for all to see.

Today was much better than the weekend, all things considered. (Other than the fact I haven't slept right in a few nights... might as well get used to that fact...) I did the 1-hour glucose test this morning. I had the lemon-lime drink. It really wasn't that bad. It tasted like very flat sprite. I like sprite. I like sprite with bubbles even better. I'll get the results back in 7-10 days. They also drew blood to check my iron levels as well. I hope I don't have to go onto iron pills... I really don't need to add that to the list.
This week we have a couple of people from our development team in India here. They're good people. I'm working with them today and tomorrow on the software from a user's point of view. They've both been working on the software for about 4 years, but as developers, they don't have to know how it works in the "real world" to do their jobs. Hopefully, by learning how it's used and why there are certain requirements, they'll be able to make it even better. It went quite well actually. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to wrap up my portion of things.
Apparently today Gak got a chance to talk with Tallon. It apparently went well, because the message he left me on my phone wasn't pissy and cranky, but relieved. I truly hope they worked some things out. Gak really does like that job for the most part and really does it well most days. He's a good guy and will gladly fix honest mistakes once he knows what's wrong. He's a gentle soul. You don't need to beat him into the ground over things. Tallon is young, but he'll learn. (I say apparently because it's Monday and Gak is at Warhammer, so I won't see him for a couple of hours yet...)

Well, I'm off to get some crocheting done and poke around at a few things. I've got a really cool project in the works that I can't wait to show you. Mom knows what it is and she's going to help me with it. I hope it turns out as cool as I think it will. I know Gak's kinda excited about it too.

Peace to all and may your weekends be good, and your bosses have brains that work from time to time. (I know, I ask a lot some days...)

No comments: