Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This Crazy World

Just a quick post this morning before I head off to the office. I'm still working with the two from India. They're really good people and asking really good questions. They are really beginning to see things from a customer point of view of why things are the way they are. Today is going to be hard though, because it's not just customer use that needs to be explained, but some reg stuff as well. Hopefully I won't melt their brains or mine too badly. But, like I said, they're good people and friendly.
One thing I forgot to mention on Monday was an email I got from my oh-so-wonderful, Fortune-500 company... They messed up a lot of people's W-2s and have given us corrected ones. They messed up the federal and state withholding on the W-2s themselves. Great. If a big company like mine can't get it right.... If we'd waited two weeks to get the taxes done, it wouldn't be a problem. Now I've got to make another appointment with H&R Block to see what we need to do to fix it. I'm glad I didn't mail out the tax payments yet. (Although, federal was only $25, it is local that's killing us...)
Everything seems to be going well with Gak and the job. He had off yesterday. Friday is inventory, so that'll be fun. And yes, he still has to work Saturday close. Maybe he'll have Sunday off. Hopefully he'll have next Saturday either off or opening.

On a non work-related subject, what is it about second sleeves and set-in sleeves? It took me two tries to get the second sleeve right, and I thought it might be easier to set in sleeves in crochet... not with this pattern. Ugh. I tried to do it Monday night, but didn't get very far because I was too tired to line everything up right and not have it move around on me, even with some pinning. Maybe I'll get it right tonight, as Gak's closing again. (I like crocheting when he's not home... I don't feel guilty for ignoring him and we get little enough time together some weeks as it is...)

Anyhow, I've got to get dressed and get into work.
Peace to all and may your work be interesting.

No comments: