Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Total Randomness

This is just totally random. I've got several things bumping around in my head.
First off, I want to say a HUGE Thank You!!! to Gak's boss and wife. Monday Gak brought home a grocery bag stuffed with 0-6 month (mostly 3-6 month) clothes. Some of it will be a little heavy for a spring/summer baby, but that's OK. There were about a dozen onsies, including some very cute firetruck themed ones. There were also about as many one-piece sleepers in varying weights, mostly lightweight. There were a few other pieces in there as well. All cute! I still could use some "plain" solid or just stripped onsies. I could also use some "short sets" or at least "shorts" to go with the onsies. I probably could also use some "sun hats" as it will be summer. I don't need to worry too much about warmth, but definately sunburn if Boo has skin anything remotely like his father's. (I think Gak turns red at the mere thought of spending the day outside in the summer...)
I also was just poking around on this "expectant mother's" board. I registered at http://babycenter.com back when I found out I was expecting Boo. They send me weekly emails about what's going on and the site has tons and tons of information. One thing they do is host "due date clubs", which are message boards for women expecting in the same calendar month. Like I said, I was just poking around on there. I've looked a few other times as well. I realize that I have almost no connection to these other women. I'm sure some of them are as old as I am. (No, I'm not old to become a momma, but I'm not 23 either...) I know a lot of them work. For many on the board, this isn't their first child. Maybe it's just me. I mean, yes, I have fears and worries, but they're mostly about me being able to be patient, and understanding and a good momma. I mean, I have very few worries about the pregnancy itself, especially now that we've had our second ultrasound and I feel Boo squirming and kicking quite a bit these days. I truly guess my biggest fear or worry about the pregnancy is delivery. The looming question of if I'll have to have a C or not... and if I really want, or will be able to go through, "natural" childbirth. (Drugs are your friend... there's no reason to have that much pain...) I guess I'm too laid-back about everything. Sometimes it's good, but sometimes it's not to have this "we'll cross that bridge when we get there" attitude. I mean, I can't change anything, this is one of those things totally out of my control, or at least almost. I just don't get it. Women have been having babies for mellenia and for most of the time with much, much less information and medical attention than we get these days. I just don't get it....
(OK, so I lied... maybe I do wonder why I feel no connection to these other people... I'm hoping it's just my total independant streak and refusal to "follow the crowd"...)
Anyhow, enough rambling about that.

Work's been OK this week. There's been this huge meeting going on downstairs for the last three days. I'm not sure how usefull it'll all be, but hey, that's corporate life for you. We had the "quarterly business update" today as well. Vaugley interesting. Still, it was mostly just hot air and didn't really have any substance.
Monday we had something interesting happen to the Internet. It's a good thing I didn't have to get anything done within our own network for the last hour or so of the day. I was trying to get to a few internal links, and this is the kind of screen I kept getting. (Yes, I blanked out the company name as best I could. I mean, everything I complain about could happen at any large company and you really don't need to know who I work for unless you actually already know me...)
**Blogger isn't uploading pictures again for me... I may try and post it later. It's probably the fact that I'm at work.***
Doesn't it just crak you up that the reson the site was blocked was because it was "business"? It certinally had me laughing. Luckilly, it was resolved shortly and I was able to check my travel plans for next week and take the employee oppinion survey. I'm sure they really didn't want my oppinion this year, but they asked, so they got it. They actually left it open a few days longer because people weren't responding. That should tell them something right there, now shouldn't it. I mean, it's almost like people were saying "Why bother? Nothing will change anyohow...".
I still have no answers about my job situation. I try not to worry about it most of the time, but it still sits there and nags me in the back of my mind. I mean, I then get emails saying "I'd love to come to your seminar, but just can't make the March one, do you have any others this year?" What in the world am I supposed to say to that one? Do I commit to September and December and hope that someone will do them? Are we even going to have a "training department" as such after March or May? What do I do about the new projects that are going out and want to get on the schedule? I don't have answers for them and I hate that. I mean, I can deal with not having answers right when I'm asked, but even when I try and find out the answers, there aren't any. No one is being any help at all. I'm so fed up and frustrated by it, because I want to be able to do my job and do it well. I hate how this makes me look like a total incompetant. There are enough people like that in the world, and I'm not one of them.

Another rapid subject change for ya... I finally got Addey up to 78 last night. Gak and I were just hanging out, doing a few quests when Trak, one of the guildies asks if we want company. Of course! Well, after a bit we end up going through the same dungeon as we did Saturday. It went much more smoothly, even if in some ways it was tougher because of the types of people we had along. We only wiped out once. Both Gak and I got some neat things from there and had an enjoyable evening over all. It's evenings like this that I'd been missing with Wings. I mean, hanging out with Charitee, Chris and Syn were fun, but we didn't have enough people to do anything. At least nothing big and tough with good rewards. I'm really enjoying Despair. They may be huge, but the people I've gotten to know there are all friendly and fun and extreemly helpful when you need them.

Well, I've been poking and prodding at this entry long enough. It's time for me to get back to the emails and pretend to get some "real" work done. Bah. Oh well. At least tomorrow's Thursday and Friday is a pay day!
Peace to all and may you have friends and answers.

No comments: