Thursday, February 14, 2008

Travel Time!

Well, I'm about to hit the road again. Only overnight, and I'm driving, but this is my first trip since early December! Amazing. I think it has been three years since I've been home that many days in a row. I was really enjoying that. Oh well.
My travel days are coming to an end though. At least for a while. I'm sure there will be many, many family travel adventures in my future. I hope some of them are as fun and exciting as some of the trips I took as a kid with my family. We went to some really neat places. I'd still love to get back to New Mexico. Those mountains were beautiful!
Of course, now that my travel is winding down, but who would call asking for training other than Pasadena. I'd actualy like to go there. That's where Becca is living, that's where I've often met up with Jon and Beverly and Richard for dinner. Pasadena is a nice place and has some cool things to do. Oh well. I guess some other lucky soul will get to go. I hope they enjoy it. It's not even a deffinate, they were just calling for details. Knowing how these things go, it's about a 30-40% chance that they'll actually book something. I think I've had more oppertunities fall off the radar than get scheduled. For example, there was at least one or two that were interested in last month that never replied and at least three or four for this month. Instead, I've got one trip and one in-house seminar, neither of which are bringing in any "new" money. If whoever ends up doing this in the future could get that other 60% or so to commit and actualy buy things, we'd be swamped. That wouldn't be a bad thing.
Anyhow, enough about that. Hopefully this trip will go smoothly and the drive will be easy. I hope to be home almost early tomorrow. I have to be onsite by about 7 am tomorrow, which means I should be wrapped up by 3 at the latest and hopefully home sometime between 6 and 7. It'll be a long day, but not as long as if I left tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I'd make it. That 7 am onsite is looking waaaay too early, since the site is about 10 miles from the hotel. Ugh. Oh well. It could be worse, much worse.
Well, I've got to go. I've got to pick up Gak from work so we can go pick up the rental car.
Peace to all and may you have the occasional adventure.

No comments: