Friday, February 08, 2008

Things NOT To Say To Coworkers...

I'm writing this because if I don't, I'm going to explode, and it won't be pretty, for me or my coworkers.
I'm still not in a great mood and frustrated as all hell about work (I didn't sleep well because I was cranky). So, it doesn't help that the two guys who sit to my right (as I'm sitting at my desk) are two of the most negative people on the planet. Or at least those who like to complain the most. Here is a list of things I'd love to say to them, but won't, because it's not nice and wouldn't solve anything anyway, it'll just give them something else to bitch about:
*Stop complaining about the @#%$ spam email we get from corporate. We work for a huge company and no matter where you go with any large company, you'll get crap you don't want. Just delete it and shut up.
*Complaining loudly to your coworkes that the "new" timesheet system stinks, is broken, takes forever and is "stupid" won't solve anything. It'll just piss us off and make us want to duct tape your mouth shut so you'll stop complaining.
*We're all overworked and under paid. Shut up and deal or get another job.
*No, you don't know everything about everything.
*At least you know what your job will be in 6 months... I haven't a freaking clue!
*Not everyone here cares about your every single need and want. You're an adult not the center of the universe! Grow up and deal!
*I didn't ask you for your political/religious views, so stop trying to shove them down my throat!
*I just don't like you very much, now go away.

Ok. That's a bit better, I'm not going to explode now, but that just goes to show you how poisonous it can be around here. It's hard to maintain a good outlook on life and work when you're surrounded by people who only ever complain about every little blessed thing. This sure as anything isn't helping me remain stress free, calm and figure out what in the world is going on with my whole job situation...
I just want to go home and take a nap...

I'm just so glad it is Friday. And Mom is coming up on Sunday. And Gak probably has off on Sunday. And it's a pay day! Maybe we'll splurge for the week and go out for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll even let myself have a coke. I haven't had one in a week or two now. (I haven't totally removed soda from my diet, but have severly cut down. Hopefully I'll be able to continue that trend after Boo is born, I know I don't need all those empty calories!)

Peace to all and may you not explode at your coworkers, even if they deserve it and may your path be clear of too many unknown obsticles.

(p.s. I'm still not getting spellcheck to work, and am too lazy to copy and paste into word and back, so you get to see how poorly I spell...)

No comments: