Sunday, January 04, 2009

Low Key New Year

I wish I had all kinds of interesting things to report as having happened this year so far.
Well, it's been blessedly boring almost.  Gak worked on Friday, I had off.  Yesterday we went down to the mall to return a couple of shirts and use a gift card to Outback Steakhouse.  Mmmm.... Steak....  Of course, this was the one time we went out that Boo wasn't happy to sit and play while we ate.  And no, we didn't go too late (4pm) and yes, I did feed him while waiting for our food.  It was just a bit of a cranky afternoon.
Today we're going over to Kat's again.  This time we're remembering Dino Puppy.  I'm not sure what will happen if we ever loose that guy.  Of course, I remember a certain Grover that my brother drug around forever.  I don't know what ever happened to him.  I do know that at one point when we were little I decided that Grover should go in the tub with my brother.... Hey, Grover went everywhere and he was just sitting there on the counter.... (I may have been 4 or 5 at the oldest.)
Sorry Jon, I wasn't planning on sharing embarrassing family stories.
It's quiet in the house at the moment.  Both of the boys are asleep.  I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights, but I think it's because I actually have a cold.  Either that or I'm stuffy and drippy for no reason.  (I feel fine, my sinuses are just blocked to no end...)  I think Boo may have a bit of the sniffles as well.  He's been sneezing a good bit the last day or two and a good bit snottier than usual.  Joy.
Well, I think I'm going to wrap this up.
Oh, before I forget... Boo actually "stood" the other day.  Gak had put him into his crib so he could do something.  I should say, Gak stood Boo in his crib and Boo grabbed onto the railing.  He "stood" there for a good couple of minutes.  Yes, I have pictures, but they're on the camera still.  He didn't pull himself up.  Heck, he still hasn't pulled himself to a sitting position or expressed much interest in actually figuring out how to crawl.  He just wants to go.  The boy just confuses me.  He'll do something one or two times and then never again.  Silly boy.
Well, I'm off.
Peace to you all and may your days be good.

No comments: