Friday, January 30, 2009

Almost There

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet again.  Today is the last day of the reporting month.  I could have easily spent another 4 or 5 hours at work yesterday when I left at 5.  I'm going to try like crazy to actually get out the door on time today.  (I've worked from home the last 2 mornings because of snow and then the truck doors were frozen shut yesterday...)
I'm also ignoring this cough that snuck up on my yesterday with achy shoulders/back and a possible fever last night... I don't have time for this.  Tomorrow, tomorrow I can be miserable... after 3.  Today, I have to work my butt off to get at least these last two projects done which are probably needing a total of another 10 hours.... Although, I thought the one was almost done, but then found out they didn't have the right software patch, even though they said they did.  (That's what I get for not checking....)  Hopefully, they'll just need a quick check of the new files and will be out the door.  The other, well, it looks like it's going to take a good bit more work.  I've got to get data from previous quarters into the checking system (that should have been there in the first place...) and hopefully that'll clear up at least some of the errors.  Others worry me a bit more, and I'm not sure where at all to start.
Ok.  I'm stressing myself out just typing this.  I'm going to shut up now.  I'm off to find some breakfast and get dressed before Boo wakes up.
Oh, speaking of Boo, he seems to have had a language and mobility explosion over the last few days.  He's been babbling for quite a while, but I'm beginning to hear more consonants.  He's also been trying to reach for things, but now will actually lunge for them and end up on his belly, wiggling.  This doesn't seem to surprise him to tears quite so much any more.  He's growing fast!
Well, I'm off!
Peace to all and may your days not be so stressful.

No comments: