Monday, January 19, 2009

The Eve of History

I admit, I haven't felt like writing much over the last few days.
Of course, part of it could have something to do with the minor food poisoning I delt with Friday night into Saturday.  (I figure it had to be that as Gak felt ill at almost exactly the same time with almost the same symptoms and I was all but fine by Saturday evening.)
Saturday, despite the ickies, was a good day.  We had Alana's 4th birthday party at the bowling alley and Kat had Barb do a Tastefully Simple party later that evening.  Yummy, even if I wasn't feeling too hot.
Yesterday was a low key day.  The most exciting thing was the fact that I went to the grocery store.
Today, I have off, thanks to Martin Luther King day.  It's a good thing I did.  I don't think Mom would have wanted to drive up here today.  We weren't supposed to get snow, but we are.
Anyhow, before I have to go get Boo, who's singing to himself in his crib, I should get to the meat of this post.
Is it just me, or does tomorrow seem almost sureal?  We're always talking about "making history" or "groundbreaking events" or the like.  Well, tomorrow really is.  I must admit, I'm actually pretty excited about this.  And I'm not just saying this because I'm not a big fan of the guy leaving office.  This is an impressive event no matter what your stance is.  It's just amazing that power can be handed over so seamlessly.
I'm really excited about his address.  I can't wait to hear what Obama says.  I say a replay of an event that was held at the Lincoln Memorial the other day.  It was very refreshing to hear a politician say that we've got our work cut out for us, it won't be easy and we probably won't get it right on the first try.  Wow.  Impressive.
Well, Boo is sounding less than happy about singing to himself and would probably like some company.  No time for spell check.
Peace to all and may history be exciting.
Peace to all and may 

No comments: