Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend Review

This was a good weekend. Even though Gak had to work most of it.
First I want to publicly say THANK YOU to my swap partner from Crochetville. I actually got this package last week, but I didn't get the photos uploaded until the weekend. I decided to partake in the Kitchen Swap this year. It was quite a bit of fun. My partner made me some amazing things and seems to be happy with what I've sent her. I may just have to sign up for another of these some time there's a theme I'm interested in...
Friday night Gak and I thought about trying to go see Spiderwick Chronicles. We were supposed to go the Friday before, but it snowed an with everything else, it didn't happen. Well, we end up having dinner with Kat, Zoe and Scott at the dinner and by the time we wrap up there, neither one of us were awake enough to go to the movies. That's OK. I really want to see this one, but I'll probably just wait for it to be on DVD at this rate.
Saturday was a semi-lazy day for me. Gak had to be in to work by 2, so the morning was spent fiddling around the house. It took me forever to get the laundry done for some reason, and it wasn't crowded either. I wandered through the grocery store, but not very successfully. I was tired and just wanted to go home at that point. I did make some really yummy mac-n-cheese for dinner though, with plenty of leftovers for lunches. I actually spent most of the evening watching the NCIS marathon on USA. I think that's the most TV I've watched in a long time. I enjoy that show when I catch it.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. Mom came up. We worked on the surprise project for Boo most of the day. Well, we started out looking at patterns, and figuring things out, but then we had to run a few errands. Of course we had to go to JoAnn's and pick up some things I'd forgotten to get. We also had to drop something off with Gak at work. Since I didn't do such a good job going through the grocery store Saturday, we decided to go over to the Q-Mart and pick up something for dinner. Needless to say it took a lot longer at Frederick's than planned. But, we got some really good food for dinner. (Gak's always happy when I bring home beef...) The rest of the afternoon was spent giggling and sewing. The project isn't quite done, I hope to finish it this week and you'll see. But until then, I'm just going to leave you in suspense.
Yes, I can be evil.
This is going to be a looong week at work. It is my regional seminar and I have 9 people all told signed up, 2 for only half a week. Tonight I'm supposed to take them out to dinner. Oh, that reminds me, I've got to stop and pick up afternoon snacks on my way into the office! Anyhow, they don't start until 1 today, which is good because I've got a few things to clean up and get off my plate first. I just hope it goes well. I know there will be some tough questions that I may or may not have the answers to with regards to the new reporting format. Actually, I know that I won't have the answers about the reporting format. Oh well. It could always be worse.
Well, I'd best get a shower and get out the door. Ugh.
Peace to all and may you have good friends, good times and good things to keep you occupied.

No comments: