Thursday, March 06, 2008

Classes, From Both Sides

All I have to say is, I'm tired.
It has been a looong week. These week long seminars take a lot out of you on a good day. When you're in your 3rd trimester and are tired to begin with... ugh. Luckily I was both able to wrap up this afternoon and they decided not to go to dinner. This means tomorrow I get to go in at my "normal" time and I got to come home and crash until it was time to pick up Gak from work.
Yesterday was our first "prepared childbirth" class. It was interesting. There are 7 other couples. I think one other couple is due later than we are, but not by much. Most are due early May. I also think we're either the oldest or second oldest couple. That's OK too. It was weird, but Gak and I touched more than most of the other couples. I'm not sure if it's that we're just that way with each other or they're just too self-conscious. Whatever, not the main point of this... I'm not 100% sure how useful it will be. It will definitely give some good information. Hopefully the breathing/relaxation techniques will be useful now and in the future. The biggest problem is, I don't breathe right to begin with. We did some "guided imagery" relaxation lying down. It would have worked wonderfully, except for the fact I wasn't breathing quite right and I kept getting hung up on that. We'll see. Like I said, I'm sure we'll get something out of the next 4 weeks. If only to give Gak a bit more of a feeling of being involved. He hasn't been able to make any of the appointments (and I haven't pressured him too either...) and I still have too much belly blubber for him to really feel Boo kicking and squirming about. (That and usually Boo starts acting up right after Gak leaves the room...) The one thing I took away from last night's class is a confirmation of just exactly how much of a team Gak and I really are and how connected we are and how strong our bond is. We're in for one hell of a roller coaster ride soon and I know we're going to survive just fine.
Well, I'm exhausted. I'm going to get ready for bed and crash.
Peace to all and may you have loved ones in your life.

No comments: