Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today has been a good day. I'll get to it in a minute though. I want to talk about Friday first.
I meant to post this Friday night or yesterday, obviously it didn't happen.
I dislike my HR chicky. She's not helpful. She's a bit snotty. And well, she just wasn't very nice. The meeting was a lot of hot air like I suspected. The first thing you need to know is that there is no HR person in the building. Sure, Melissa does the time sheets and tracks vacation and the like, but she's not HR. We haven't had an HR person in the building (officially) since Adrianne passed away in 2001 or 2002. This person is based out of Illinois. She doesn't know me from anyone and doesn't give a rat's behind about anything other than making sure that she enforces the "neutral headcount" that we've got. (Corporate speak for hiring freeze.) Basically her attitude is that if I won't travel, I have to resign. I knew I'd have to resign the job, but she was about as helpful as taking a drill to my head to figure out what to do to keep me. She doesn't care. Actually, if I leave, that means she'll be ahead in her headcount, which would be good. My boss, on the other hand, wants me to stay and is going to try and work the system so I can. I hope it works. At least in the short term. I want to make it through to August and then we'll go from there. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for a job for me that will keep me local and challenge me and keep me earning at least as much as I am now, I'm all ears.
Ok. This is way more stressful than today has been.
Today Gak had off. We were supposed to try and get some stuff done around the house. We were going to take down the Christmas tree and some other things like that. We were going to go see National Treasure this afternoon.
That didn't happen.
Instead, we spent the entire day, and I do mean entire, in Norrath. We logged in by about 9 and we just logged off at 6. That's a full day. We ended up in a really cool group with his guild Despair and got a lot don in Kunzar Jungle. We had a lot of fun. They're good people and good players. We then tagged along on a raid. I got a cool earring out of it. Yes, it was back to Labs, but I hadn't been there in almost 6 months and 6 levels. It went pretty smoothly and we only wiped twice. Not bad for only having one plate tank with us. That would be Gak. He's not usually the main tank for these kinds of things, but he did just fine.
So, I'm off to finally put some real clothes on (I've been in my PJs all day) and go out to the diner. I was going to make a cheeseburger calazone for dinner, but they didn't have any prepared pizza dough at the store yesterday and I didn't stop and put any into the bread maker earlier. Therefore, it would be at least 8:00 before we would get dinner. Not all that helpful when we haven't eaten much today, at least no real meal. I should feel bad about not getting anything done, but I don't. (The New Year's letters are sitting here staring at me reproachfully...) I know that my Sundays like this are numbered. As in less than 20. I'm going to enjoy a few now and again while I can. Then I'll be working my tail off trying to be the best momma I can be.
I'm both nervous and excited about tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have lots to post.
Peace to all and may you have a few lazy days now and again.
Like I said, today has been a good day.

No comments: