Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday

Well, today is Friday. I haven't posted since Tuesday. Not much has really been going on. I've been pretty tired in the evenings, work has been work (still no clue of who/what's going to happen in March...) and everything else has just been the same as ever.
I guess that's a good thing.
I just got back from my latest poking and prodding session, aka prenatal appointment. Everything looks good. In 4 weeks I get to have the sugar shock treatment. That is, drink some sugar water an hour before your appointment, get some blood drawn and see how well you handle the sugar. It's basically to check for prenatal diabetes. I'll probably do fine, but you never know. It doesn't help that I'm heavier than I should be to begin with (although my weight gain so far is well within reasonable). We had a hard time finding Boo's heart rate today. He was squirming all over the place, not wanting to be heard. My kid, shy? Well, more than likely. Neither Gak nor I love overly social situations and neither one of us likes being the center of attention. Especially a doctor's attention. Oh well, it sounded good when we could hear it.
I do feel him squirm about quite a bit more now. Of course, this is usually when I'm in the middle of something important at work and then Boo lets me know he's there and I loose any connection to my previous train of thought.
Not that that's a bad thing, but at work it's not always a good thing.
Well, I'm rambling. I'm working from home today and should probably get back to the email stuff that needs my attention. I'm going over a permit for someone so I can give some intelligent answers to the customer. (I'm not sure it'll really help, but hey, it's worth a shot...)
Peace to all and may you have the occasional "normal" weeks where not much happens.

No comments: