Saturday, November 02, 2013

Thankful November

I'm sure everyone has noticed, but it has been way, way too easy for me to focus on the negative this year.  As I have for the past few years, I plan on posting a small, thankful post every day.  I need to do this.  To remind myself of all the good things in my life this year; so I stop focusing on the negative.

Yes, I'm running a day behind, but that's nothing new around here.  And as with years past, I don't promise these will be long or involved and may only be a few words, but they will be something.

Yesterday, I was thankful for the contract agency that I've ended up falling in with.  I think I finally have someone (or a couple of someones actually) who are truly interested in helping me find a new job.  Sure, they may get rewarded monetarily for it, but whatever works.
I've neglected posting about this for a few weeks now.  Anyhow, long story short-ish, I applied for a position a few weeks ago.  It was a contract position, but there are advantages to that.  Anyhow, the contract contact got in touch with me.  The position wasn't open because they had extended their existing contractor but she was really interested in my resume and wanted to meet with me so I could learn more about the staffing company she works for and she could get to know me a bit more.  So, we met for coffee one morning and hit it off.  She's already found a couple of potential opportunities, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high yet.  But, I'm thankful for J and the fact that she's friendly and actually interested in helping me get a position that plays to my strengths.

Today, I'm thankful for my crafting ability.  Without the ability to turn bits and pieces into something I would have seriously gone even more insane than I have these past 7 months.  Suffice to say I've been playing with yarn a lot this year.  And I made Boo's Halloween costume.  (Yes, yes, I'll get a picture of the little Minion up soon.) And I made things for me.  I've even made things that have made my fiber friends go ooOOOOooo and think I'm talented.
It really is amazing how much you can think and create at the same time.

Anyhow, that's the start of my November.  Here's to a whole month of positive thoughts, no matter how small.

No comments: