Thursday, November 07, 2013

New

Today I think I have to be thankful for new and different.  You see, thanks to two moms from Boo's daycare who I've seen in passing for quite some time now, but finally spent time with at the pool on Sunday, I got drug to Zumba tonight.

(Boo and I went to the pool Sunday and just happened to run into two girls from his daycare who are younger than him, but he usually plays well with.)

Anyhow, I think the instructor was out to kill us.  According to the other moms the usual instructor isn't quite so high impact aerobic.  I had fun.  My hips are beginning to ache a bit from the stretching/moving.  I will be going back again.  Maybe not next week since I have leader meeting at 7, but I will go again.

I have a tendency to get into ruts and routines.  And, after 2 years of dealing with this chronic fatigue and other baloney I have to, have to, have to get back into some kind of workout routine.  I doubt I'll ever be able to go back to 5 days a week of something, but I have to do more than walk (fairly slowly) the almost two miles round trip to take Boo to school.  Yes, I'm way more active than I was, but I need to avoid becoming a couch slug again.  And the only way to do that is to keep moving.  (I'm not going to go into my fear of overdoing it without realizing it or what adding work eventually to my routine will do when I'm experiencing exhaustion chills more often again....)

So, I'm going to wrap up this completely rambling and barely held together post and say good night.

So, try something new and different.  You may just like it.

No comments: